I can't connect to the Cocoatech store.
If you are receiving a -1001 or -1003 error when attempting to purchase a Path Finder 7 upgrade, or if you are unable to connect to store.cocoatech.com through a web browser, you may be experiencing a minor issue with your Internet service provider.
For unknown reasons, a small set of ISPs are missing records for store.cocoatech.com, preventing their users from reaching our store.
We have found a workaround that will allow you to successfully purchase Path Finder 7:
- Open System Preferences and select the
Network preferences pane.
- Make certain the lock icon in the lower left corner of the
window is unlocked. If not, click the icon and
enter your administrator password.
- From the sidebar, select the service that is marked with a
- Click the Advanced button in the lower right
corner of the window
- Switch to the DNS tab.
- Click the + button below the list of
- Enter the IP address for Google's Public
- Click and drag the new address to the top of the list.
- Press OK, then Apply, and you're done!
Google's DNS database correctly associates store.cocoatech.com with our server, so you should now be able to successfully make purchases through our store.
We can't verify how well Google's DNS works in general use, so we suggest removing the Google DNS IP number from your Network settings after you've finished using the Cocoatech Store.