Path Finder 10 brings the possibility to perform various file operations on iOS devices. To perform such operations you have to connect your iOS device to your desktop computer via the USB port.
Note: some older iOS devices might not show up in Path Finder immediately upon connecting them to the USB port, in this case please restart Path Finder and this will solve the problem
Currently following file operations on iOS devices are supported:
- Browsing the file system of your iOS device
- Deleting files (this file operation bypasses the Trash!)
- Copying / transferring files from your iOS device to your desktop Computer
- Showing hidden files
- Sorting files by size and other criteria
- Using Size Browser to discover and delete largest files on your iOS device
- Searching files
- Renaming files (available, but not recommended, unless you are 100% sure what you are doing)
Currently following file operations on iOS devices are NOT supported:
- Transferring files via a standard copy/move procedure. Please use the AirDrop feature to transfer files to your iOS device instead.
- Tagging files
- Changing permissions