This innovative tool helps you to copy and move your files without opening two windows or using Dual Pane. The Drop Stack acts like a temporary clipboard for your files.
To copy or move one file:
- Grab a file or folder you want to copy or move
- Put it on the Drop Stack symbol
- Navigate to the place where you want to copy or move your file
- If you want to move your file : pick it from the Drop Stack and drop it to its new place
- If you want to copy your file:
- press Option key (⌥)
- drop the file to its new place – the file gets copied, instead of moved
To copy or move multiple files:
- Select multiple files: hold the Command key (⌘), then click the items OR if files are listed together: click the first item, then press the Shift key (⇧) and click the last item.
- Put files on the Drop Stack one by one (you can also collect them from different folders)
- Grab all files you’ve put on the Drop Stack by the white files symbol at the right of the file icon
- To move files: drag all files to their new place
- To copy files: press Option key (⌥) and drop files to their new place
Tip: you can always Undo the operation by pressing Command (⌘) – Z or choosing menu Edit > Undo.
Additionally you can put files or folders on the Drop Stack and then compress them, burn them to CD/DVD or compress them and send per email (here is the list of compatible Email clients )
Watch Drop Stack in action:
Access options by clicking on the gear icon at the left upper corner of the Drop Stack module:
|Lock module||Prevents a module to be dragged off accidentally|
|Hide header||Hides module header. To unhide the module header – hold Option key (⌥) and hover with the mouse over the top of the module|
|Keep copied items||Once a copy operation is over, the files are still kept on the Drop Stack. Useful if you want to copy them elsewhere once again.|
|Collapse when emptied||If unchecked Drop Stack always remains visible (legacy option). If checked – you can always drop a file onto the Drop Stack even if it is not visible and it will uncollapse itself automatically|
|Icon size||Adjusts the size of the red circle in the middle of the Drop Stack|
|Color and font options||Adjusts color and font of the Drop Stack interface|
|Settings pop-up||Allows you to save several presets and access them later|
Images broken above.
Drop Stack is a very convenient and cool feature, I use it all the time, below are a few advantages of this tool.
Drop Stack allows the user to drag files and folders to a special area on the screen where they are temporarily saved. Then you can move the mouse cursor to the desired folder or hard drive and drop files to the desired location. Files will be copied or moved to the selected folder without having to constantly switch between windows and folders.
The advantages of Drop Stack include:
Convenience: Drop Stack provides an easy and convenient way to move files without having to switch between windows and folders.
Efficiency: Drop Stack allows you to quickly move or copy multiple files at the same time.
Flexibility: Drop Stack can be customized by setting certain parameters and settings.
Time Saving: Thanks to Drop Stack, the user can https://theuniquecasino.online/ quickly drag and move files without having to open multiple windows and file explorer.
Thus, Drop Stack provides a convenient and efficient way to move files on your computer, saving time and increasing productivity.
Please sign in to leave a comment.