This innovative tool helps you to copy and move your files without opening two windows or using Dual Pane. The Drop Stack acts like a temporary clipboard for your files.
To copy or move one file:
- Grab a file or folder you want to copy or move
- Put it on the Drop Stack symbol
- Navigate to the place where you want to copy or move your file
- If you want to move your file : pick it from the Drop Stack and drop it to its new place
- If you want to copy your file:
- press Option key (⌥)
- drop the file to its new place – the file gets copied, instead of moved
To copy or move multiple files:
- Select multiple files: hold the Command key (⌘), then click the items OR if files are listed together: click the first item, then press the Shift key (⇧) and click the last item.
- Put files on the Drop Stack one by one (you can also collect them from different folders)
- Grab all files you’ve put on the Drop Stack by the white files symbol at the right of the file icon
- To move files: drag all files to their new place
- To copy files: press Option key (⌥) and drop files to their new place
Tip: you can always Undo the operation by pressing Command (⌘) – Z or choosing menu Edit > Undo.
Additionally you can put files or folders on the Drop Stack and then compress them, burn them to CD/DVD or compress them and send per email (here is the list of compatible Email clients )
Watch Drop Stack in action:
Access options by clicking on the gear icon at the left upper corner of the Drop Stack module:
|Prevents a module to be dragged off accidentally
|Hides module header. To unhide the module header – hold Option key (⌥) and hover with the mouse over the top of the module
|Keep copied items
|Once a copy operation is over, the files are still kept on the Drop Stack. Useful if you want to copy them elsewhere once again.
|Collapse when emptied
|If unchecked Drop Stack always remains visible (legacy option). If checked – you can always drop a file onto the Drop Stack even if it is not visible and it will uncollapse itself automatically
|Adjusts the size of the red circle in the middle of the Drop Stack
|Color and font options
|Adjusts color and font of the Drop Stack interface
|Allows you to save several presets and access them later