Tab key in console

Markus

06 Dec, 2012 12:07 PM

Hi,

I very appreciate the improved two-panel mode and the ability to tab from left to right view and vice versa, but when using the console view the tab key should not put the focus in one of the panes I think.

Is there an option to fix this?

Thanks and best regards,
Markus

1. 1 Posted by Damazio on 06 Dec, 2012 01:00 PM

Hi Markus. What do you mean by console view?

2. 2 Posted by Markus on 06 Dec, 2012 01:25 PM

Hi,
    I'm talking about the command line window (shell, bash, etc.) attached (in my case) to the bottom of the main window. In the command/shell/console a tab key is greatly used to auto complete expressions or commands .. this is not possible any more :-/

Best regards, Markus

3. 3 Posted by Damazio on 06 Dec, 2012 10:46 PM

Got it. Good catch, Markus. Somehow I knew that the Tab key should have been implemented as an option. I'll notify Dragan (dev) about this discussion. Meanwhile, the only work-around is to use the built-in terminal as a floating module in Windows > Modules > Terminal or as a window in File > New Terminal if you have set Preferences > General > Default Terminal: Path Finder. Both can be called with a hotkey set in Preferences > Features > Keyboard. Cheers.

4. 4 Posted by Kevin on 06 Dec, 2012 11:59 PM

I am also experiencing this rather annoying problem (hitting tab will bring you out of the terminal view when dual pane is enabled), but glad to hear that the dev is already on it. Thanks!

5. 5 Posted by Markus on 07 Dec, 2012 01:01 PM

Great! Every problem ist acceptable (for a while) if a solution is on the way :-)
    Thanks, Markus

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Dragan on 10 Dec, 2012 03:51 PM

Working on this one... It will be implemented in version 6.1.3. Therefore, I'm closing this one as the ticket is in our system.

Thanks for reporting.

7. Dragan closed this discussion on 10 Dec, 2012 03:51 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac