DMG's and New Windows

moraleseder

29 Nov, 2012 07:10 PM

Hello

First of all, I am new to PathFinder and let me tell you, I love it!!!

However, there's two things that have been bugging me lately:

1: I've noticed that when opening a folder, whether it be on my desktop or my Dropbox, PathFinder will open that folder in a new window instead of opening it in the existing window but just in a different tab however that only happens if my PathFinder window is minimized on the dock because if it's not minimized it will actually open it on a new tab, like I want it to.

2: Every time I open a DMG PathFinder will open that mounted DMG on a finder window instead of a PF tab or window. The only way to avoid that is by quitting the Finder and even then it won't even open it. I have to manually select it on a new tab or window.

I hope I explained myself in way you'd understand what I mean, thank you.

1. 1 Posted by Damazio on 06 Dec, 2012 01:48 AM

Hi there.

1. I think this is by design since the main window is minimized but I'll notify the devs about this.

2. In Path Finder 6, DMGs are mounted by DiskImageMounter (check it on Get Info) which is part of OS X (Disk Utility, more precisely). Some DMGs will always open new windows since they're designed to do so but you can minimize the effects by launch Disk Utility in Applications/Utilities, and setting its Preferences like this.

2. 2 Posted by moraleseder on 06 Dec, 2012 06:35 PM

I can't seem to be able to see the link

3. 3 Posted by Damazio on 06 Dec, 2012 08:55 PM

Disk Utility

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Dragan on 10 Dec, 2012 03:44 PM

Hi there,

1. it is by design and will stay like that. If you chose to open folders in new tabs, Path Finder will do that in the currently main browser window (because you can have more windows open, Path Finder will select the currently active one). If there are no active windows (no windows at all, or they're minimised), Path Finder will open a folder in the new window. You can have more windows minimised and we cannot guess in which one you'd like to have new tab created.
  5. Dragan closed this discussion on 10 Dec, 2012 03:44 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac