Connecting with laptop

Rog

18 Nov, 2012 05:54 PM

My laptop connects immediately in the Finder with my MacPro over wf-fi, but in Pathfinder, I get an error message staing that a connection can not be made. Any ideas why?

1. 1 Posted by Tom on 19 Dec, 2012 12:55 AM

Hi,

Sorry for the slow response, some of our messages from November we're lost due to an issue here at CocoaTech. Anyway, the best option here is to delete and reinstall Path Finder 6. You will need to re-enter your license information after reinstalling, so make sure to keep it on hand.

There are 2 steps to take when deleting Path Finder 6, I'll guide you through both.

First, find the Path Finder 6 app, and drag it to the Trash.

Next, you'll need to find the Preferences file for PF6. To do so you need to access your library file. Click on the Go dropdown menu in the regular Finder, if you do not see Library listed, hold down the Option key and it will show up. Once the Library is open, go to Application Support and delete the entire Path Finder file.

After both files are in the Trash, make sure to Empty the Trash, then Restart.

Finally, redownload and reinstall Path Finder 6-(www.cocoatech.com). Enter your license information and you should be all set!

Let me know how that goes, and if it doesn't help, we can try a few other things. I've made this discussion private in the case that we need you to submit personal info or screenshots later on.

2. Tom closed this discussion on 19 Dec, 2012 12:55 AM.

3. Roggan in London re-opened this discussion on 19 Dec, 2012 02:15 PM

4. 2 Posted by Roggan in Londo... on 19 Dec, 2012 02:15 PM

Hi,

Still getting the attached error message. Works fine to connect through the Finder.

Roger

On 19 Dec 2012, at 00:54, Tom wrote:

> From: Tom (Cocoatech Support)
    > Subject: Connecting with laptop
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > Sorry for the slow response, some of our messages from November we're lost due to an issue here at CocoaTech. Anyway, the best option here is to delete and reinstall Path Finder 6. You will need to re-enter your license information after reinstalling, so make sure to keep it on hand.
    >
    > There are 2 steps to take when deleting Path Finder 6, I'll guide you through both.
    >
    > First, find the Path Finder 6 app, and drag it to the Trash.
    >
    > Next, you'll need to find the Preferences file for PF6. To do so you need to access your library file. Click on the Go dropdown menu in the regular Finder, if you do not see Library listed, hold down the Option key and it will show up. Once the Library is open, go to Application Support and delete the entire Path Finder file.
    >
    > After both files are in the Trash, make sure to Empty the Trash, then Restart.
    >
    > Finally, redownload and reinstall Path Finder 6-(www.cocoatech.com). Enter your license information and you should be all set!
    >
    > Let me know how that goes, and if it doesn't help, we can try a few other things. I've made this discussion private in the case that we need you to submit personal info or screenshots later on.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > View this discussion at our support site online: http://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/9504-connecting-with-laptop
    > Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.
    >
    >
    >

5. Cocoatech closed this discussion on 12 Jul, 2013 10:48 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac