Google Chrome downloaded files won't open from the browser

james.carrington

10 Nov, 2012 01:47 PM

Since installing Path Finder as a trial, my colleagues and I have experienced the following issue:

We use Google Chrome browser. When downloading a file in Chrome, the file pops up at the bottom of the browser window. Normally you would click on the file and it would open. Since installing Path Finder this no longer works. Clicking on the file does nothing.

In order to open the file, you must navigate to your downloads folder and open the file from there.

Attached screenshots of our Path Finder preferences.

Any ideas?

1. 1 Posted by Tom on 12 Nov, 2012 04:21 AM

James,

When downloading a file in say Safari or Firefox, does similar behavior occur? You mentioned that your colleagues are having this issue, have you or them tried restarting Path Finder or your computer?

2. 2 Posted by james.carringto... on 12 Nov, 2012 01:00 PM

Safari and Firefox both work fine.

Attached a screen grab for further explanation of the issue we are experiencing within Chrome.

Yes, computers have been rebooted. We've had the issue for a week or so now, ever since installing Pathfinder.

Issue is limited to Google Chrome.

Thanks.

3. 3 Posted by Tom on 15 Nov, 2012 05:39 AM

James,

Disregard my last message, I didn't see the second screenshot from your first post. What happens if you right click on the download and select Show in Finder? I'm pretty sure Chrome is setup to try and open a file in its specified application on a left click. If one isn't specified, I'm not sure if anything will happen, but I'm also not an expert Chrome user.

4. 4 Posted by Tom on 25 Nov, 2012 09:30 PM

James,

We're you able to solve this issue? I'm going to close this discussion for now, but if you run into another issue, just reply and I will be notified.

5. Tom closed this discussion on 25 Nov, 2012 09:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac