Terminal in PF

baba.yaga

04 Nov, 2012 11:14 AM

The Terminal which is used in PathFinder does not support unicode characters which is unconvenient to say the least. The native Terminal.app which goes with Mountain Lion (bash) does show these correctly. Is it possible to either set the Terminal window in PF to unicode or, better still, to have an option to embed whichever terminal application user prefers. Me, for instance, I do prefer iTerm...

1. 1 Posted by Damazio on 06 Nov, 2012 09:51 PM

Path Finder uses an old version of iTerm and there's no way to embed Apple's Terminal in Path Finder. Your best option until the built-in terminal is updated is to set Apple's own your standalone version of iTerm(2) in Preferences > General > Default Terminal and use Commands > Open in Terminal (or through the contextual/action menu). OS X 10.7 even sports a Service, by default, to open New Terminal Tab at Folder.

Cheers.

2. Damazio closed this discussion on 06 Nov, 2012 09:53 PM.

3. baba.yaga re-opened this discussion on 15 Jan, 2013 11:20 PM

4. 2 Posted by baba.yaga on 15 Jan, 2013 11:20 PM

Another newly appeared nuisance of imbedded terminal use: TAB does not complete anymore to the file names like in a standalone terminal, but switches to the next PF pane instead. Can this behaviour be disabled somewhere in Options? I could not find how. Also, any timescale for updating iTerm to support unicode?

5. 3 Posted by Damazio on 16 Jan, 2013 10:27 AM

That issue is already fixed in the latest beta, which you can get by holding Option and checking for updates.

6. Damazio closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 10:27 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac