Pathfinder 6 why did the toggle sidebar button disappear.

Nigel

18 Apr, 2012 01:43 PM

The lack of the toggle sidebar button on PF6 really bugs me. Anyone know how get it back. I use it all the time in PF5.

1. 1 Posted by Damazio on 18 Apr, 2012 03:39 PM

Statusbar buttons were moved to the Toolbar. If it isn't there, then it didn't make it to the new v6 redesign.

2. 2 Posted by Dave Brandt on 18 Apr, 2012 09:31 PM

Is the toggle Dual Browser button supposed to be in the Toolbar in PF6?

3. 3 Posted by Damazio on 18 Apr, 2012 11:00 PM

What do you mean Dave? If it's there it's because it's supposed to be there.
    It's a new version with a new design.

4. Damazio closed this discussion on 18 Apr, 2012 11:00 PM.

5. Dave Brandt re-opened this discussion on 18 Apr, 2012 11:39 PM

6. 4 Posted by Dave Brandt on 18 Apr, 2012 11:39 PM

In PF 5 there was a little button at the left-bottom area that toggled between the single pane and dual pane browser. In PF 6, the only UI that I can find is the View -> Dual Browser menu command and the associated menu commands that offer the Horizontal and Vertical orientation options for dual pane browsing. I'm asking whether there is a button somewhere for that View -> Dual Browser menu command. It is more convenient for me to click a button than use a menu command.

7. 5 Posted by Damazio on 19 Apr, 2012 12:01 AM

Do you mean that you still haven't tried to right click on the Toolbar and choose Customize Toolbar? It's there by default on a fresh v6 install but if not, for some reason, just add it. It's a 3 button set called Views with Coverflow, Dual Browser and Preview.

8. Damazio closed this discussion on 19 Apr, 2012 12:01 AM.

9. Nigel Atkinson re-opened this discussion on 19 Apr, 2012 03:25 AM

10. 6 Posted by Nigel Atkinson on 19 Apr, 2012 03:25 AM

Yes, I have looked in the customize toolbar (no need to be condescending).
    I am not talking about Coverflow, Dual Browser or Preview.
    The topic is the Sidebar, which is not available as a choice.
    In PF5 in the lower left of there was an icon that was the leftmost icon in a series of 6 iconsthat looked a little bit like the split pane icon (IT IS NOT SPLIT PANE). It toggled the sidebar. Please see the attachment screenshot. The half blue icon at the end of the arrow is the sidebar icon.

In PF6, there are three vertical lines near that position. They cause the sidebar to slide shut. Unforunately, there is no way make it reappear w/o using a menu. I just want the little icon back. It can go in the Toolbar if you want.

Thanks,
    Nigel

11. 7 Posted by Damazio on 19 Apr, 2012 03:37 AM

Nigel, I was replying to Dave, no condescending intended to you or him, just getting to the point. The staff have been replying to customer enquires almost non-stop for the whole week. Please bear with us if we have to be straight forward. My original response stands. Perhaps the devs will think about including it in the Toolbar on a future update.
    Thanks for the suggestion and cheers.

[EDIT] Update: Please cast your suggestion votes on the Feedback Page.

12. Damazio closed this discussion on 20 Apr, 2012 05:25 PM.

13. Dragan re-opened this discussion on 24 Apr, 2012 10:51 PM

14. Dragan closed this discussion on 24 Apr, 2012 10:55 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac