Open folder in other pane

nessan

17 Apr, 2012 05:03 PM

In Preferences > Browser Preferences I see that I can set Command clicking folders to one of

Opens in new window
Opens in new tab

I use the dual pane view all the time and would like to have an additional option for Command clicking folders, namely

Opens in other pane

Any other shortcut to achieve the same result would also be fine with me (I only just got Path Finder so the feature may already exist and I have not found it yet?)

1. 1 Posted by nessan on 17 Apr, 2012 05:54 PM

Later:

I do see that one can use the Browse in Next Pane function which is somewhat useful. However, it seems to always open a new tab in the other pane which is not what what I want. I have a large list of folders open in the one pane and I would like to command click on say the first one and see the contents in the other pane—then one could quickly mouse down the folders hunting for some document or whatever without having tons of tabs open at the end in the other pane. A slightly expanded Command clicking folders option would be perfect!

2. 2 Posted by Damazio on 17 Apr, 2012 06:02 PM

Try to find the Reveal settings in Preferences and choose Existing window instead of New tab.

3. 3 Posted by nessan on 17 Apr, 2012 06:15 PM

Do you mean the Preference > Browser > "Reveal in Path Finder": setting?
    That is already set to Reveal in existing window and I get the behavior mentioned.

Really I would like it, if the option above that i.e. the one labelled Command clicking folders had an extra radio button setting named Open in other pane.

And of course not have a new tab added to the other pane when that is on. I suppose that adding a tab could be optional.

4. 4 Posted by Damazio on 17 Apr, 2012 11:01 PM

Yes, essentially, re-use the current tab and open folders on the opposite pane. You better cast your vote on the Feedback Page (check the Knowledge Base), that's where suggestions are heard. Thanks for the input.

5. Damazio closed this discussion on 17 Apr, 2012 11:01 PM.

6. nessan re-opened this discussion on 18 Apr, 2012 12:02 AM

7. 5 Posted by nessan on 18 Apr, 2012 12:02 AM

Thanks Damazio—I posted the suggestion to the Feedback Page as suggested

Nessan

8. Damazio closed this discussion on 18 Apr, 2012 12:57 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac