Tags in Path Finder 6

scottslavin

17 Apr, 2012 03:39 PM

Hello Cocoatech,

I am a license holder of PF5 and have been eagerly awaiting the PF6 release. I had been hoping to be able to use PF6 to manage my tags and replace my use of, alternatively, Tags by CASEapps and Punakea by Nudge:Nudge.

I've watched your two videos on tagging and tag groups; however, I can't seem to find a way to generate a list of existing tags (e.g. a tag cloud or tag list) in PF6. I use the tag list in Tags much more than I use the OS X Finder as a way to navigate through my files based on the functional/content categories I've assigned them through OpenMeta tags.

• Does PF6 offer a tag list or tag cloud view?
  • Also, is it possible to create Smart Folders in PF6 that aggregate files that have different tags into a Smart Folder? E.g. I would use this functionality all the time when I am gathering files that pertain to specific research projects but contain different (non-overlapping) tags.

Thanks very much,
Scott

1. 1 Posted by Damazio on 18 Apr, 2012 11:51 PM

Hi Scott. Tag support in Path Finder 6 is pretty simple, you can watch some screencasts about how it works here.
    Unfortunately, it's a double negative to both questions. Path Finder's early tag support doesn't aim to provide full file management by tags (like Tags or Leap) and Smart Folders are based on APIs not disclosed to third-party developers, last time I heard so, Path Finder never supported them.

2. Damazio closed this discussion on 18 Apr, 2012 11:51 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac