Mountain Lion: Main Discussion Thread

Derek

25 Jul, 2012 01:30 AM

Now that the release of OS X10.8 is imminent, is there any news on the progress of making Pathfinder compatible?

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by rfinell on 31 Aug, 2012 01:11 AM

This comment was split into a new private discussion: Mountain Lion: Main Discussion Thread

After updating Mountain Lion to 10.8.1 and Pathfinder no longer recognizes my license
    6.1.1. When I enter the license, it's not accepted. I have to go into demo mode. to lauch it and all my preferences are wiped.

2. 32 Posted by Bill Beasley on 31 Aug, 2012 02:46 PM

This comment was split into a new private discussion: Mountain Lion: Main Discussion Thread

I am seeing the same issue as Ronald. Updated to 6.1.1 on 10.8.1, rebooted for another reason. Now PF6 is unregistered and won't take my key/info.

3. 33 Posted by John Griffin on 01 Sep, 2012 06:14 PM

I just upgraded to Mountain Lion and upgraded Path Finder to 6.1.1. Now I can no longer change any of the colors in either the Preferences or the View Options. These settings are greyed out and unavailable.

Any reason for this?

4. 34 Posted by tu on 10 Sep, 2012 04:55 PM

When I click the magnifying-glass in Safari´s download-sheet to reveal the file in Finder, Safari still starts PF. Very annoying!

See my post in this forum on August 21.

Pathfinder 6.1.1, OSX 10.8.1

5. 35 Posted by harry.wagendorp on 10 Sep, 2012 05:07 PM

After upgrading of Pathfinder to 6.1.1 the problem I mentioned before still exists:

I have PF for a long time. Last I did an upgrade to Mountain Lion. Now I have a strange problem. When I click at the button "View Downloads Folder" of the app "Realplayer Downloader" this folder opens in PF. It used to be in Finder.
    Why? PF was not activated. And I disabled Preferences > General > Set as the default file browser of PF

6. 36 Posted by Brad on 10 Sep, 2012 06:17 PM

I'd like to hear any comment from Cocoatech on the security issue mentioned in this thread by David. I find it a daily annoyance that in order to open some unsigned bit of software I have to go back to finder to right click and select Open from the context menu. Any chance this will happen soon?

7. 37 Posted by K. Rhee on 11 Sep, 2012 04:40 PM

It seems like Path Finder has hijacked my system in a way that when I tried to open downloaded files or reveal items in the finder, Path Finder opens instead of Finder. All the options in the preference related to Finder have been unchecked, and Path Finder is not even running. The only way I can prevent these from happening is if I uninstall Path Finder completely from my system. Is there a way to fix this so that I can have both peacefully coexist and only use Path Finder when I have the need.

8. 38 Posted by tu on 11 Sep, 2012 09:06 PM

That´s a good idea, K. Rhee. You describe very well the same problem I´m having

I´ll just delete PF for now until I read here that improvements are ready for test.

cu

Thomas_U

9. 39 Posted by Damazio on 17 Sep, 2012 08:52 PM

Two more issues started in different threads.

Time Machine issue

Contacts access on Crash Report issue

10. 40 Posted by ratlogistics on 22 Sep, 2012 05:04 PM

As requested by Damazio I'm reporting my ML issue in this thread as well:

All PF settings are as described here: http://support.cocoatech.com/kb/performanceinstallation/how-do-i-co...

Yet, when I view my safari downloads (v6.0.1) and click "reveal in finder" PF launched instead of finder. I can't revert back to finder as a default setting. That's a rather annoying bug.

11. 41 Posted by George on 25 Sep, 2012 08:27 PM

@Dragan, I'm having an issue I had previously attempted to report via the beta email list, however it appears that you may not have received it. After having a dialog with Damazio about this he requested to add my voice to this thread.

I'm running OS X: 10.8.2 (12C54) with PF: 6.1.1 (1503) and am not seeing the "NSFileViewer" key in the Safari plist and apparently other plists. There are many apps that are opening Finder instead of PF when previous to a few updates ago (perhaps the 10.8.2 update started it during the testing of it) they were opening PF just fine on reveal.

12. 42 Posted by hal0 on 27 Oct, 2012 08:00 AM

This comment was split into a new private discussion: License not accepted after upgrade

I just upgraded from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion, and I'm having the same problem as #35 and #36 above. Can I have a new private discussion too? :)

13. 43 Posted by ramasnami on 09 Nov, 2012 07:33 PM

14. 44 Posted by JPH on 23 Nov, 2012 01:49 PM

As others have noted, after updating to Mountain Lion (now 10.8.2) Pathfinder no longer recognizes my license (6.1.1). When I enter the license, it says it is invalid. Has this issue been resolved?

15. 45 Posted by fwje.hennes on 23 Nov, 2012 05:44 PM

As reported by David on July 28th (post #10) apps that are not in App Store and/or signed cannot be opened with PF. Any chance if this issue is going to be addressed?

16. 46 Posted by Cyclone on 12 Dec, 2012 02:37 PM

I'm using the global hotkey to launch applications. I set it to Double Control. Today it inexplicably stopped working. I rebooted, restarted pathfinder, removed the hotkey activation and then re-created it. Nothing. I changed it to Command+F2 and that works, but the double shift, double command, etc isn't working. Something seems to be eating the double press before Pathfinder sees it.

Any ideas on how to ferret this out? I didn't install anything recently that should affect this behavior.

17. 47 Posted by wixfikkalot on 18 Dec, 2012 06:11 AM

Any chance of PF being able to open non-signed apps? Issue already reported in August, never responded to or addressed. (see posts 10 and 12.)

18. Support Staff 48 Posted by Dragan on 19 Dec, 2012 11:12 AM

@wixfikkalot, I'm not sure there is a public API which enables us to do that, but I'll investigate and let you know. The ticket for that is open.

19. Support Staff 49 Posted by Dragan on 09 Jan, 2013 08:42 PM

@wixfikkalot, ablility to open non-signed apps will be implemented in version 6.1.3.

20. 50 Posted by wixfikkalot on 10 Jan, 2013 03:50 AM

Cheers.

21. 51 Posted by Damazio on 01 Feb, 2013 11:05 AM

@George & others

About the NSFileViewer issue, it seems that it's a ML bug. I can't test it but you can try this tip.

22. Cocoatech closed this discussion on 12 Jul, 2013 10:56 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac