Unpredicatable folder jumping/back tracking

scottslavin

18 Jul, 2012 10:04 PM

Hello,

I've been experiencing a frustrating quirk within PF 6.0.4 when using the Dual Browser view:

When I drag and drop a file from one window into the other, almost always once I drop the file into the appropriate folder, PF jumps backwards to another folder and then I have to re-navigate to the original folder in order to continue my work.

For example,

I might be working in HD > Users > Me > Dropbox > Folder 1 > Folder 1.1 > Folder 1.1.1 > Folder 1.1.1.1

When I drop a file into Folder 1.1.1.1, suddenly the entire column that displays the contents of Folder 1.1.1.1 disappears and I'm instead looking at the contents of Folder 1.1. In other words, PF sort of back tracks to a parent folder (sometimes the parent folder, sometimes the grand-parent folder, etc.). This behavior is incredibly frustrating in terms of workflow and the OS X Finder doesn't do this when I have two Finder windows open and am doing the same type of actions.

Does anyone know what might be happening?

Thanks for any direction you can provide,
Scott

1. 1 Posted by Damazio on 18 Jul, 2012 11:19 PM

Try to disable Preferences > Browser > Restore location after spring-loaded drag and let us know if it still happens.

2. 2 Posted by scottslavin on 19 Jul, 2012 02:09 AM

Hi Damazio,

Thanks for your quick reply. I never had this feature enabled. However, I will try the reverse and check its box and see what happens. I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks,
    Scott

3. Damazio closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2012 04:01 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac