File and Folder Name Anomalies

dirk.funken

16 Jul, 2012 03:30 PM

Dear Cocoatech team,

I thought, I had already filed a discussion, but I can't find it anywhere, so here it is again from the top of my head (sorry, if this is a duplicate discussion).

We encounter the following anomalies in our file listings in Path Finder on our MacMini Server:

• in some cases the file listing seems to refresh very frequently; you can see it especially in a Quickview window of a PDF file with several pages: when you scroll down, Quickview jumps back to page one after a second our two

• although it refreshes so frequently, file names are often not updated when they are changed a couple of minutes ago on another computer

• some files are shown with a name of "--" (see attached screen shot); other file and folder names get shown in lower case and sometimes jump between upper/lower-case and lower-case names

• large files or folders are only copied half-way and then the completion bar gets stuck

All of these anomalies are not encountered in Apple's Finder, so it has something to do with PF and our MacMini Server, which runs Lion. Do you have any idea, what we can do? We encounter the problems as well on Lion and Snow Leopard systems on our client computers.

Thank you in advance and best regards
Alexander Klar

1. Dragan closed this discussion on 21 May, 2013 10:54 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac