Different Interface for the "Go to Folder..." Command?

Sim Shehzed

16 Jul, 2012 01:25 PM

Hi,

Second question I have. Using the "Go to Folder..." command with the keyboard shortcut "shift+command+g" seems to be a bit weird. The overlaying pop-up window is huge. So big in fact that tapping on the "Keyboard Shortcuts" near the bottom is cut off on a 13-inch Macbook screen. Is there any way to have something simple come up? Or is there another simpler way to immediately go to a specified folder? I don't need the entire GUI of seeing all the folders as usually when I want to use this shortcut I already know where I'm going

Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by Damazio on 17 Jul, 2012 12:20 AM

Hi Sim.

If you collapse the Keyboard shortcuts section, are you able to see the bottom-left/right corner of that pop-up sheet? You should be able to resize it.

The Go to Folder window is as simple as it can get and best suited for keyboard aficionados who are used to apps like QuickSilver, Alfred or LaunchBar.

You can set a hotkey for any folder present in the Go menu by going to Preferences > Features > Keyboard > Go. If you need a hotkey to go to a folder not present in that menu, I suggest you use an app like Spark or Butler.

Cheers.

2. Damazio closed this discussion on 17 Jul, 2012 12:20 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac