Exif Data Question

cruiseqe2

15 Jul, 2012 12:10 PM

Hi
I am currently trialling PathFinder and have a question to ask.
I work a lot with lots of photographs. What I would like to see is the ability to show the date and time a photo was taken based on the information in the Exif data.
I have seen other packages that do this, and wondered if PathFinder could do this.
Obviously there is much more information packed into the Exif data that could be of interest, not necessarily on the directory listing view, but at the very least on the file's information section.
The idea behind my request is to be able to sort photos based on when they were taken. This becomes very problematical when using photos taken from different cameras or on different cards as you cannot rely on the file name to give correct sorting.
I hope that this is possible.
Mark.

1. 1 Posted by Damazio on 16 Jul, 2012 01:29 AM

Hi Mark, this is already present in the Info section. You can see it by calling Get Info on the file or using the Info module in a standalone window (Window > Modules > Info) or embedded in the Preview pane (View > Preview) or in a drawer (View > Left/Right/Bottom Drawer).

You can also try a free alternative like SneakPeek Photo (Quick Look plugin), EXIF Viewer or Reveal (standalone apps).

2. Damazio closed this discussion on 16 Jul, 2012 01:29 AM.

3. cruiseqe2 re-opened this discussion on 16 Jul, 2012 11:24 AM

4. 2 Posted by cruiseqe2 on 16 Jul, 2012 11:24 AM

Hi Damazio

Thanks for your reply. I take it then that there is no way to sort a group
    of files (photos) into order based on the Exif Date/Time taken.

Mark.

5. 3 Posted by Damazio on 16 Jul, 2012 11:45 AM

No because that information is not available as a sort attribute (View > Show View Options) but there's a suggestion ticket issued to show metadata on more file types (including audio tags), in List view, so I linked this discussion to that ticket.

6. Damazio closed this discussion on 16 Jul, 2012 11:45 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac