Color of Find Window in PF 6

Joseph

17 Apr, 2012 04:50 AM

When I select Command F, a "Find" Window appears. It's background is "white". In PF 5 I could change the color to black with white text. Even though my Preferences default background/text colors are now black/white (same true for View Options panel), it seems to have no effect on the Find Window. Is there a setting I'm missing?

1. 1 Posted by drayond on 17 Apr, 2012 06:00 AM

You sure you are not dreaming? This was NEVER the case on my systems over the past 6 years!!! Never was I able to change background colour or have ANY view options for the Find window. You must be badly mistaken because the view options do NOT affect the Find window. For sure you can do Command+J after the Find window is open but if you read carefully the view options are for the window behind it of the desktop if there is no window behind.

Besides, the Find window is not white, it is the same as the Finders List View, that is alternating row colours, blue & white.

2. 2 Posted by Joseph on 17 Apr, 2012 07:35 AM

I'm not referring to view options, per se. Rather, I'm referring to the "setting colors" option for any PF window. The Find Window is black in my PF 5 version, yet white again in PF6. I've attached 2 screenshots of the Find Window from PF5 and PF6

3. 3 Posted by drayond on 17 Apr, 2012 10:02 AM

Weird, My colours don't affect the Find window and never have because the window colour is in the view options panel and this panel is only changes colour on list, icon and column view windows. You've got a weird bug in your Path Finder.

4. 4 Posted by drayond on 17 Apr, 2012 10:31 AM

Ok now I can see what you are talking about but I think you are still mistaken concerning PF5.
    In Path Finder 6 in the Preferences there is now an Appearance pane with 'Default Colours' and this is the setting that is affecting your 'Find' window in and undesired manner. I see it only changes colour of the draws and not the main centre list view of the Find window (where the results are). Path Finder 5 does not have this preference so unless these default colour settings where somewhere else, I don't find them. Anyway, stick with the default, it looks much cleaner ;-)

5. 5 Posted by Damazio on 17 Apr, 2012 01:44 PM

There was an option in PF5 for Themes which was apparently removed in PF6, accessed through View > View Colors which would let us change the colors in the Preview Pane, Drawers and Find window (despite the colors in the Find window - file listing & drawer - were switched comparing to the browser itself).

[EDIT]] Nice seeing you, Drayon.

6. Damazio closed this discussion on 17 Apr, 2012 01:44 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac