Path Finder 60.02

rcsher1

18 Jun, 2012 12:24 AM

The latest release of Path Finder has proven to be a disaster. When I copy files, I get no indication that a copy or move operation is occurring, so I repeat the operation. After some time, I try to quit PF and I get the error message that an operation is taking place and PF cannot close. This is a problem and makes me want to deltee PF and start using Finder. What is the problem and when are you going to correct this?

1. 1 Posted by Damazio on 18 Jun, 2012 10:42 AM

Please check this and the File Operations screencast in particular.

2. Damazio closed this discussion on 18 Jun, 2012 10:42 AM.

3. rcsher1 re-opened this discussion on 18 Jun, 2012 11:13 AM

4. 2 Posted by rcsher1 on 18 Jun, 2012 11:13 AM

Your response really doesn't speak to my question. Please address my specific question
    Thanks

Sent from my iPad

5. 3 Posted by Damazio on 18 Jun, 2012 11:24 AM

If you go to Window > File Operations do you get any output when doing a copy/move?

6. 4 Posted by Richard Sherwoo... on 18 Jun, 2012 09:27 PM

Dmazio,

Yes, the operation shows up when I execute the below

7. 5 Posted by Damazio on 18 Jun, 2012 10:29 PM

OK, if you prefer having it on Toolbar (similar to Safari's download button), go to View > Customize Toolbar and add the Progress button (arrow pointing down icon).

If this button is present on the Toolbar, you'll see a small blue gauge indicating an operation is taking place. If you click on it, you'll see the transfer queue. Window > File Operations can also be called manually.

If you remove the above button from the Toolbar, when a file operation is in progress, the File Operations window will always pop-up (old behavior).

You can't quit Path Finder when a file operation is in progress to avoid file corruption.

This is explained in the screencasts, hence my first post. Let us know if you need any more help.

8. 6 Posted by Richard Sherwoo... on 19 Jun, 2012 01:01 AM

That worked it looks like. Thanks

9. Damazio closed this discussion on 19 Jun, 2012 01:17 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac