Can't add items to contextual menus in v6

shelley09

17 Jun, 2012 12:03 PM

I'm having difficulty adding commands to the contextual menu. Try as I might, I cannot select items in the Commands list. I can select in the Contextual Menu list, but not in the Commands list. I was actually also having the same problem in the most recent v5 update - and downloaded the v6 trial hoping the problem would have been corrected, but it doesn't seem to be.

I'm hoping this is just me being stupid - although I can't think of any way to do this other than placing the cursor on the item I want to add, and clicking. Works like a charm for items in the Contextual Menu list, but works not at all for items in the Commands list.

I've been using Path Finder for a couple of years, and am currently in the trial period for v6 (and of course, have every intention of upgrading when the trial period is over).

I'm running this on a mid-2012 MacBook Pro, of course with Lion installed.

Advice will be greatly appreciated.

1. 1 Posted by Damazio on 17 Jun, 2012 02:25 PM

Items in the Commands list represent all available items. You just need to drag from Commands to Contextual or Action Menu.

2. Damazio closed this discussion on 17 Jun, 2012 02:25 PM.

3. shelley09 re-opened this discussion on 17 Jun, 2012 04:10 PM

4. 2 Posted by shelley09 on 17 Jun, 2012 04:10 PM

Yes, I am aware that items in the list represent all available items, and I never said anything that suggested otherwise.

But thank you -- I was expecting to see the selected Command highlighted in order for me to then drag it, didn't realize that the highlighting doesn't happen at all. I now have the desired items added to my Contextual Menu.

5. Damazio closed this discussion on 17 Jun, 2012 04:27 PM.

6. Dragan re-opened this discussion on 18 Jun, 2012 09:28 AM

7. Dragan closed this discussion on 18 Jun, 2012 09:31 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac