Preferences

J Zagar

05 Jun, 2012 05:17 PM

So I recently upgraded to 6.0.2, and received the 'new' license from Cocoatech (I just purchased 5 a few ekes earlier). All seems to work fine, but not really. I have set my starting directory in preferences numerous times - which is a pain as it is a directory on a server. Why doesn't PF remember my preferences after I quit the app and restart?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dragan on 18 Jun, 2012 09:31 PM

The FIRST window that opens when you start Path Finder will open in the SAME folder that was open in the LAST window that closed when Path Finder was quit previously. This is because Path Finder remembers the whole browser state and opens it exactly the same the next time it's started. From then on, all new windows will open in the STARTING directory you chose.

If you set starting directory to a directory on a remote volume (local or network, so that applies to your server), it will work, but if you start Path Finder with that remote volume unmounted at least once, Path Finder will detect that and set the starting directory to the default value (home directory).

2. Dragan closed this discussion on 18 Jun, 2012 09:31 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac