easy way to edit file comments, tags, ratings etc...?

Alex

17 May, 2012 12:00 PM

hello,

first: I really love pathfinder 6. it has most of the features I wished for years! :-)

...but: is there no easy way to edit file comments, tags ratings etc? Is it only possible with right click and then "Get Info"?

I mean, if I click in the name column on a file, I can change a filename. It would be very cool, if it would be possible to edit a file comment in the same way, just by clicking in the file comment column - same for tags and ratings!

If you turn on the "Attributes"- and "Tags and Ratings"-Modules, it is a little bit easier to edit these things, but still, it would be nicer if you can integrate the functions of these modules in the the left or right drawer.

thank you very much,

alex

1. 1 Posted by Damazio on 17 May, 2012 12:42 PM

Editing them directly on the file listing would be cool indeed but you can integrate those modules already on the drawers or the preview pane. Just click on the small drop-down header showing the current module's name and choose another one from the list. You can also assign a hotkey to a module.

2. Damazio closed this discussion on 19 May, 2012 01:50 AM.

3. Dragan re-opened this discussion on 21 May, 2012 01:53 PM

4. Support Staff 2 Posted by Dragan on 21 May, 2012 01:53 PM

Also, editing tags and rating directly is possible, but only in the list view.

5. Dragan closed this discussion on 21 May, 2012 01:54 PM.

6. Damazio re-opened this discussion on 23 May, 2012 12:26 AM

7. 3 Posted by Damazio on 23 May, 2012 12:26 AM

That's a great tip, Dragan. I may start using tags instead of Spotlight comments.
    By the way, Tags and Rating columns can be enabled by right clicking on any column's header and they will stick but they are missing from the View Options checkboxes while the Sort by drop-down shows all column options.

8. 4 Posted by Alex on 24 May, 2012 08:33 PM

Thank You very much!

Okay, than I reduce my wish to inline editing of comments in the list view! :-)

9. Dragan closed this discussion on 30 May, 2012 12:27 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac