Folders created in wrong location when it's done from right-click menu

Mike

12 May, 2012 08:24 AM

Try this: browse to a subfolder e.g. /Test/Sub, now go back one step (to /Test), right click / new folder. It gets created in Test/Sub instead of current location (/Test). Works ok when triggered from keyboard shortcut.

1. 1 Posted by Damazio on 12 May, 2012 02:11 PM

I had a feeling this would get confusing. According to the devs, if you create a new folder via contextual menu only, it will create it inside the currently selected folder. This was implemented as a feature request to be able to quickly create a subfolder inside a selected folder without actually opening it first.
    I think an additional Create Subfolder command or to create a folder when no item is selected and a subfolder when a folder is selected, would be more streamlined.

2. 2 Posted by unreadable on 12 May, 2012 04:37 PM

I have similar problem, but with filters. In your example, when I go back to /Test after looking at /Test/Sub and apply a filter, the filter is applied to the /Test/Sub folder. Very annoying, because I can see the contents of /Test rather than /Test/Sub, so I can assume that I am applying the filter on /Test, but no, somehow the filter is applied on /Test/Sub !!!! There is no easy way out of it. I have to select a different folder on the same level in the directory structure eg /bin, then select /Test to be able to apply a filter. I really don't understand how it supposed to work. Please fix it.

3. 3 Posted by Damazio on 12 May, 2012 04:59 PM

Filters are applied to the selected folder as well. Just press ESC to clear the selection and the filter will apply to the folder you're currently in (eg. /Test).

4. 4 Posted by unreadable on 14 May, 2012 01:31 PM

Thanx Damazio, would it be possible to make that configurable. I understand that some people want that feature as you explained in the second post of this thread, but some don't and for the ones who don't want this feature, it is rather confusing.

5. 5 Posted by Damazio on 14 May, 2012 01:37 PM

I notified Dragan about this thread, to see what he thinks about it.

6. Dragan closed this discussion on 22 May, 2012 10:04 PM.

7. Dragan re-opened this discussion on 22 May, 2012 10:05 PM

8. Support Staff 6 Posted by Dragan on 22 May, 2012 10:05 PM

This is added as an improvement request. We'll think about it.

9. Dragan closed this discussion on 22 May, 2012 10:05 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac