PF does not auto-refresh

Mikael Sandgren

13 Apr, 2012 07:36 PM

Hello

Been using PF without issues for over two years; I've also been on OSX Lion for several months. Now all of a sudden PF is behaving like Windows -- it doesn't auto-refresh and sort folder contents when renaming files or copying files into the folder; I have to press F5 to force an update. It also doesn't show new volumes in the left column, and QuickLook just produces an empty window with a spinning wheel.

All these things work well in the Mac Finder so it's not a directory issue. Also, when ejecting a volume, like external drive or USB stick, I get an error message saying something to the effect of "couldn't eject volume" but the volume disappears from the desktop and Mac Finder so it does work...

What's happening here -- I've checked for updates, but it seems I'm on the latest one (5.8.1)?

1. 1 Posted by Oliver Rohde on 13 Apr, 2012 10:18 PM

Hi,
    I have exactly the same problems, no refresh at all. Mounted volumes do not appear and further more no detection of other hosts anymore, it is very strange. I am using the latest version and OSX Lion.

Any ideas?

2. 2 Posted by Damazio on 14 Apr, 2012 10:17 PM

You might wanna try to create a new Sidebar and/or clean your system caches.
    There are some tools on Macupdate which are useful for system maintenance.
    If you recently did a system update, try to reset the permissions too.

@Mikael, sometimes the Couldn't eject volume can show up if we're trying to eject it when there's still a file in use but as soon as the file is released, the call to eject the volume retries and eventually finalizes the operation.

3. Damazio closed this discussion on 17 Apr, 2012 11:45 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac