Progress window and compress/expand

Wally Rodriguez

03 May, 2012 05:20 PM

Hello all:

Since updating to the new version of Pathfinder, I don't get any progress windows when copying and compress/expand does not seem to work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by professor_deb on 03 May, 2012 08:11 PM

Same for me...that's why I came to the forum.
    I just inadvertently ejected an SD card that was still copying when I though it was done. I see nothing in the preferences...it copies, but there is no progress bar. Am I missing something?

2. 2 Posted by Wally Rodriguez on 03 May, 2012 08:13 PM

I don't think you're missing anything. I can see the size of the file being copied change, but no progress bar. With expand and compress nothing happens.

3. 3 Posted by professor_deb on 03 May, 2012 08:16 PM

That's crazy. Why wouldn't there be a progress bar.
    Cocoatech, please reply! I'm evaluating PF6...this would be a deal breaker for an upgrade. I've been quite pleased with PF5 for almost 3 years now.

4. 4 Posted by professor_deb on 03 May, 2012 08:29 PM

I found something!
    Go to the toolbar and add the "progress" button.
    When a file copy is in progress you can open that to show the progress.
    It seems not to open by itself like in Finder or in PF5, or even Windoze.
    Cocoatech, can it be made to open automatically? This is confusing behavior.
    Guess I'll have to RTFM on this one!

5. 5 Posted by Wally Rodriguez on 03 May, 2012 08:34 PM

Too much work... I hope they fix it.

Thanks for looking into it though.

W

6. 6 Posted by professor_deb on 03 May, 2012 08:39 PM

This is not intuitive, and not easy to find information on.
    It's starting to make some sense, though. Finally found a link to a video illustrating the use. It's definitely an advancement, but it's too hard to find the details of how it's changed! Check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gp77LIdS4w

7. 7 Posted by Wally Rodriguez on 03 May, 2012 09:04 PM

Wow... you've been busy. I guess that if you have previously customized your toolbar, it doesn't add it during an upgrade.

8. 8 Posted by Wally Rodriguez on 03 May, 2012 09:06 PM

I still can't get it to compress or expand anything though...

9. 9 Posted by professor_deb on 03 May, 2012 09:10 PM

That one seems to work fine for me, just like in PF 5, actually...pop-up progress bar and all. Not sure why it wouldn't for you, too, though....

Cocoatech, MUST there be a Captha for EVERY single post? Isn't there a way to "Verify Human" just once and then accept if from then on? I find these Capcha things next to impossible to read.

10. 10 Posted by Wally Rodriguez on 03 May, 2012 09:32 PM

I can't get it to work. Hate that Captcha thing too. I agree, one time should be good.

11. 11 Posted by Damazio on 04 May, 2012 01:23 PM

Captchas will eventually stop appearing after a while and they are Tender's domain, not Cocoatech's. We need to enable it because it's already hard to maintain a forum without spam. The option is Reduce spam with a simple CAPTCHA question for new users so the system should flag you as not new users after a while.

Wally, how are you trying to compress/decompress (contextual menu, menu bar, toolbar icons) and do you get zero output (progress window and growl notifications)?

12. 12 Posted by Wally Rodriguez on 04 May, 2012 01:57 PM

I was using the contextual menu. Once I added the progress indicator to the toolbar, everything started working. Including the cool circle zoom thing that highlights the indicator when it first starts working.

13. Damazio closed this discussion on 04 May, 2012 02:06 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac