Holding Area Missing

attyinfo

27 Apr, 2012 03:07 PM

In PF5, there was a holding area, that appeared as a drop-down at the top of the sidebar. I could drag folders or documents into the holding area and then place those folders or documents in another location.

I cannot find that feature in PF6? Was It eliminated?

1. 1 Posted by Damazio on 27 Apr, 2012 08:16 PM

View > Drop Stack.

2. Damazio closed this discussion on 27 Apr, 2012 08:16 PM.

3. attyinfo re-opened this discussion on 28 Apr, 2012 05:57 PM

4. 2 Posted by attyinfo on 28 Apr, 2012 06:16 PM

Drop Stack was check marked when I first looked at it in View> Drop Stack on 4/28/12@1:03 PM. ( I had not previously changed this setting on conversion)

Nevertheless, Drop Stack does not appear in its customary place, on the left side panel, above the portion of the panel bearing the title “Sidebar.”
    Checking, unchecking, rechecking … do not (re-)introduce the Drop Stack

Further, Drop Stack is not
    •Anywhere in the main window,
    •The three layered tabs area,
    •The tool bars section, or
    •In any sub-window or
    •Left & right panels.

Selecting “Add to Drop Stack” (after choosing a file in list view in the main PF6 window) does not change graphics or show where “drop stack” is located.

Should I be looking for Drop Stack somewhere else?

5. 3 Posted by Damazio on 28 Apr, 2012 06:26 PM

Check this screenshot from the homepage. It's located on top of the Sidebar and clicking on the small left arrow expands/collpases the last dragged item.

6. Damazio closed this discussion on 28 Apr, 2012 06:28 PM.

7. Damazio re-opened this discussion on 28 Apr, 2012 06:29 PM

8. 4 Posted by attyinfo on 29 Apr, 2012 04:10 AM

I acknowledge that your screen shot shows exactly what I expected to see on my computer.

However, it (i.e., Drop Stack) does not appear on my PF6-installed computer screen.

I suspect I may have a volume directory issue; I will run Tech Tool Pro v.6 from an eDisk partition to see if it's repair routines can resolve the issue.

P.S. Your efforts at resolving PF6 issues are appreciated.

9. 5 Posted by Damazio on 29 Apr, 2012 01:07 PM

You may also wanna try to to uninstall PF or create a new Sidebar under the gear button at the bottom. Let me know how it goes. Thanks for the kind words and support.

10. 6 Posted by attyinfo on 01 May, 2012 12:38 AM

• DROP STACK
    I followed the instructions on “Uninstall” Pathfinder v.6 on the website for changing preferences.
    I quit PF6; Put the application in the trash; securely emptied the trash ( after a restart).
    I Downloaded the PF6.dmg from the website & activated installer. I dragged the Icon from the installer window into the application folder and started the application. RESULT: the problem was not resolved drop stack does not appear. see attached

• GEAR TOOL
    I cannot find the gear tool pf6. see attached

11. 7 Posted by attyinfo on 01 May, 2012 12:45 AM

Oops, I forgot to mention: I used Tech tool Pro version 6 to diagnose and repair volume directory and optimize files prior to the above actions. repairs were made but there was no effect on the problems of drop stack or the gear tool.

12. 8 Posted by Damazio on 01 May, 2012 02:00 AM

attyinfo... you're using View > Left Drawer. Dropstack only shows up on View > Sidebar. Drawers can show any module set by clicking on the header and you just happen to have Sidebar set as a module, hence the confusion.

13. 9 Posted by attyinfo on 01 May, 2012 03:15 PM

Well Done!

I now have two “left drawers” (well a left drawer and a left sidebar-see attached), but I least I Don't feel like I have “2 left feet” using PF6.

Please mark this issue as “resolved”

14. Damazio closed this discussion on 01 May, 2012 03:35 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac