Console messages

Bob

06 Apr, 2012 12:13 AM

I see LOTS of posts about this issue when I do a Google search, but not a single one here in the forums, which seems strange.

Why do I get these messages all the time in Console?
4/5/12 3:48:21.348 PM Path Finder: -[NSMachPort handlePortMessage:]: dropping incoming DO message because the connection is invalid
4/5/12 3:48:38.252 PM Path Finder: -[NSMachPort handlePortMessage:]: dropping incoming DO message because the connection is invalid
4/5/12 3:53:39.775 PM Path Finder: -[NSMachPort handlePortMessage:]: dropping incoming DO message because the connection is invalid
4/5/12 3:53:56.659 PM Path Finder: -[NSMachPort handlePortMessage:]: dropping incoming DO message because the connection is invalid
4/5/12 3:58:58.152 PM Path Finder: -[NSMachPort handlePortMessage:]: dropping incoming DO message because the connection is invalid
4/5/12 3:59:15.034 PM Path Finder: -[NSMachPort handlePortMessage:]: dropping incoming DO message because the connection is invalid

All the Google threads say it's related to a faulty Time Machine drive or some kind of TM error.
AFAIK, I'm not having any trouble with TM, and the drive itself it just fine. I thought maybe it was due to my TM drive not being connected most of the time, so Path Finder couldn't find it. However, I have TM connected today and I'm still seeing these messages in Console.

1. 1 Posted by Jonathan on 11 Apr, 2012 08:27 AM

I have lots of these too. My config seems similar to yours with regards to TM backups. Still, it'd be nice to know what is causing this.

/ J.

2. 2 Posted by Michael on 20 Apr, 2012 12:13 AM

I've uncertain what would be causing this, I've added it to our bug tracker.

3. Michael closed this discussion on 20 Apr, 2012 12:13 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac