Beach ball when resizing via double click

Robert

18 Aug, 2022 01:50 PM

Hi,

I am using the latest version of PF 10 on MacOS 12.5 on a computer with the M2 chip. When I try to resize the "Name" column (because Pathfinder still doesn't have a setting to automatically adjust the width of the Name column for each folder) by double clicking on the divider between the "Name" column and the "Size" column, I get the beach ball and only way out is to force quit pathfinder.

On another note, you may want to ask me to upgrade to the latest version of Pathfinder, but I have too many subscriptions already and don't want another one. Also, I couldn't give feedback about the new subscription model, because your survey required to have a google account (sent you an Email about the problem, but no reply).

I wish you would keep the one time purchase option alive. I am someone who (when buying a new computer) stays with the operating system the computer came with or upgrades maximum one or two OSs higher. At the point of purchasing a new computer, I usually also buy upgrades for all my software products. Advanced features have an increased diminishing effect over time. System compatibility is way more important.

Also, some things I miss in Pathfinder:
- The ability to move the "Back" and "Forward" button to the middle of the menu bar (this used to work before) -> it shortens the distance the mouse has to travel from either the left or the right side in dual window mode - It would be nice if there was an option to enable the use of the "Delete" button to navigate one folder up -> Again, it saves having to move the mouse to a particular position and then click - And of course, having Pathfinder automatically resize the Name column (as mentioned above)

Sorry to pack so much into one post, but it has been on my mind for a while. I am really hoping you can listen to long time users and are able to see how the above would increase usability of your product.

Thanks for listening.

Robert

1. 1 Posted by camhorn on 16 Sep, 2022 11:52 PM

Double clicking on any column header (as one might do to sort by date descending) does similar on macOS 12, yet seems fine on 11.

2. 2 Posted by Robert on 17 Sep, 2022 09:25 PM

Any cocoatech supporter or developer willing to respond?

Thanks.

Robert

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac