edit .. shortcut bar? don't know its name

ciarasweeps's Avatar


28 Jul, 2022 07:43 PM

theres a bar under the menu - where we have shortcuts. i need to edit it - as i accidentally had some jpg links drag there -- but no where can i figure out how to do that -- i tried holding cmd, option, and ctrl key down while selecting the items but no good. i dont know what the stupid bar is called to search for help in the knowledge base.
any help pointing me how to edit it would be appreciated.
screenshot attached :)
v 8.6 (1977)
mac os x 11.6.1 big sur

  1. 1 Posted by bulkmail75 on 02 Aug, 2022 09:33 PM

    bulkmail75's Avatar

    its called a bookmarks bar, you just drag it off to remove

  2. 2 Posted by ciarasweeps on 02 Aug, 2022 10:32 PM

    ciarasweeps's Avatar

    hi, ty ... dragging the items off was the 1st thing i tried.. then cmd drag, opt drag, ctrl drag.... etc etc... the items are stuck in the overflow.. and won't move either.

    so, on whim.. i expanded to full screen (well not FULL FULL screen - i dbl tapped the main bar). and voila .. NOW i can drag off the stuff Showing .. but the drop down stuff? its locked.. a bug??
    :) thanks

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:


Already uploaded files

  • Screen_Shot_2022-07-28_at_3.39.16_PM.jpg 44 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts


? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac