Tab Sets Keep Disappearing from Panes - All Revert to "Computer" at random times

cutler

28 Jun, 2022 09:39 PM

The title says it all. I keep 2 windows open, with two panes in each window, and 4 named tabs in each pane. Each group of 4 tabs is saved as a tab set. Much of the time they operate as expected, but at seemingly random times, one pane or all 4 panes changes on its own so that one or all panes lose the settings. That is, they revert to 4 tabs that each are titled "Computer". Each shows the same list of mounted volumes. I can use the "Tab Sets" icon in my menubar to reset them correctly, one pane at a time, but this happens often enough (daily or more) that it is a serious annoyance. This has been going on for many months (perhaps years).

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 29 Jun, 2022 07:17 AM

Hi,

May I ask you to follow the instruction and check if the issue persists:

1. Delete Path Finder and its traces via AppCleaner
    2. Download the latest version of the app from our site
    3. Launch Path Finder and move it to the Apps folder as the app suggests

Please note that the uninstallation disregards all preferences you have set on your end. If you’d like to save them, navigate the following path and copy both the preference file and folder to the safe location. 

~/Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/Path Finder/Settings (folder) ~/Users/your_username/Library/Preferences/com.cocoatech.PathFinder.plist (list)

Once you re-install your app, replace the new files in the same location with previously saved files.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Regards,
    Uli
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 29 Jun, 2022 07:17 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac