SketchUp preview crashes Path Finder

Elyse

27 Jun, 2022 09:42 PM

Hi there!

I'm running into the exact same problem that is described in this thread here from a year ago.

Whenever I select a SketchUp file in Path Finder, not even to open it, Path Finder locks up, and I have to force quit and reopen Path Finder. I suspect this is because Path Finder automatically tries to preview the file within the preview pane. The only way I can click on the file to do anything with it is if I'm selecting multiple files at once to move them. Otherwise, I have to use Apple's Finder to select and edit the file within the file browser.

For what it's worth, I'm on macOS Monterey 12.4 and using PF 2133 (application is installed via SetApp). If it helps at all, I am specifically trying to select a SketchUp file that's within a folder I'm accessing via Google Drive for Desktop.

Is there anything that can be done to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks so much!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 28 Jun, 2022 05:30 AM

Hi Elyse,

Uli from Path Finder support here!

In order for me to best assist you and try to reproduce the issue on my end, I would like to ask you to make a screen recording of the issue and send it to us.
      You can check on how to record a video recording here. After doing so, please upload it to Google Drive, Dropbox or any other storage provider and send a link to me.

Make sure the access settings are modified in a way that will allow us to view it. I believe this is going to help us a lot!

Looking forward to your reply!

Best regards,

Uli
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 28 Jun, 2022 05:30 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac