Cloud drives can't enable under current Path Finder

alan

01 Apr, 2022 01:37 PM

I've been using Path Finder for a few years. With the recent updates to macOS and some of the cloud drives (Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc), they I get notifications asking to enable them within Finder in order to work. The notifications include a Reveal in Finder button and if I click that it loads them in Path Finder since I had the "Set as the default file browser" box checked. Path Finder does not have the "Enable" button there, and if I right-click to try to "Reveal in Finder" within Path Finder, it simply cycles back to the same location in Path Finder.

In order to have this work, I have to go to the Path Finder options, untick that box, and then I can get to the box in Finder. If you look at the attached screenshot, you can see the a prompt in the Finder window: "Google Drive" is not enabled. To access "Google Drive" click Enable.

It would be really nice if Path Finder was aware of the CloudStorage mounts and had a way to enable them natively, or, barring that, had the ability to notice that they weren't enabled and pass the user over to the macOS Finder to click that Enable button.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dragan on 14 Apr, 2022 07:51 PM

Hi alan,

I sincerely apologise for such delayed response, now this has come to my intention. Sorry about that…

Some other people also reported same (and even some other issues) with OneDrive and Google Drive. I didn't use Microsoft cloud services myself, so I wasn't really aware of the issue and I don't know how their application works and integrates with macOS/Finder. Since for most people those issues started happening relatively recently (2 - 3 month), it seems something has changed with OneDrive implementation.

The problem is also that those integration application from Google and Microsoft are really designed to work with Finder, but not Path Finder :-(

Anyway, I've just created an account and I'll try to figure out why Path Finder doesn't play nice with OneDrive. As soon as I fix this issue, it will be available in the very next update. It may happen I don't inform you directly here when that happens, but please check for updates regularly and the information about this fix will appear in the release notes you see in the "new version is available" window.

I apologise for the inconvenience, rest assured the issue will be fixed soon.

Thanks for your understanding, support and patience.

Best,
    -- Dragan

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2022-04-01_at_9.19.51_AM.png 67.9 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac