Authentication issues for move/copy

SoOoMa

01 Apr, 2022 12:12 PM

Hi,

I am having this issue for a long time. when deleting an app or a folder inside the Application folder, I need to authenticate it and then nothing happens. It is a similar issue to the below link.

https://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/179842-authentic...

1. 1 Posted by bartkowalski on 01 Apr, 2022 11:06 PM

Ditto. And when I try the same with native Finder, I authenticate, and the deletion occurs without issue. Staying tuned to this thread.

2. 2 Posted by Joey on 01 Apr, 2022 11:13 PM

Add me to the list. Has been a problem since I upgraded to the new version this year. Works fine in native Finder but nothing happens in Path Finder after clicking Authenticate.

3. 3 Posted by elviades on 05 Apr, 2022 05:55 AM

I believe the issue of permission is also the same with the one I posted recently: https://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/208171-errorperm....

If you check the log, you will get a message like the following:

2022-03-23 14:32:27.019 Path Finder[1057] <Notice>: ===== Opening log session: copying sources
        (
        /Volumes/Backup/_Archived Items/Applications/Highlights.app
        )
        to destinations
        (
        /Applications/Highlights.app
        )
    2022-03-23 14:32:27.020 Path Finder[1057] <Error>: Path: /Applications  Error:Permission denied.  Item skipped.
    2022-03-23 14:32:27.060 Path Finder[1057] <Notice>: ===== Closing log session.

4. 4 Posted by elviades on 11 Apr, 2022 07:36 AM

I had the impression that the authentication problem was due to Apple's rule; or contingent with the SIP.
    But, I just checked that Forklift is able to ask for authentications correctly.

It is sad that Path Finder is having this bug.

5. 5 Posted by davebarnes on 13 Apr, 2022 05:16 PM

I am having this problem.
    MacOS 12.3.1
    Pathfinder 2129

I try to move a PDF file into User Guides and information.
    Asked to authenticate. I do. And, nothing.

I was able to use Finder to accomplish my task.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Dragan on 14 Apr, 2022 01:00 PM

Hello everyone,

I sincerely apologise for delay in handling this issue, it came to my attention only recently and I understand how annoying it was for you. I'm really sorry about that…

Anyway, even though that code haven't changed for quite awhile, it seems that moving to the latest Xcode has broken loading of some frameworks into our privileged helper tools, the one that actually does authenticated file operations (as required by macOS). I've fixed this issue and I've just uploaded fixed version to our server.

The new (fixed) build version is 2130 and you can download it here, or you can update your current copy using in-app updater, available from the main menu **Path Finder > Check for Updates…" menu item. Please update to this version and see if it fixes your problems with authenticated file operations. If not please let me know.

Once again, apologies it took this long to fix it. Thanks for your understanding, support and patience.

Best,
    -- Dragan

7. 7 Posted by davebarnes on 14 Apr, 2022 02:05 PM

2130 solved the problem.
    Thanks for the quick response.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Dragan on 14 Apr, 2022 02:20 PM

Heh, it wasn't that quick :-(

Anyway, I'll feel free to close this issue. If any of you still see the same problem, just reopen it and let me know.

Best,
    -- Dragan

9. Dragan closed this discussion on 14 Apr, 2022 02:20 PM.

10. Bassam Zaidan re-opened this discussion on 14 Apr, 2022 02:22 PM

11. 9 Posted by Bassam Zaidan on 14 Apr, 2022 02:22 PM

Best Regards,

Bassam Zaidan

12. Dragan closed this discussion on 14 Apr, 2022 02:28 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac