Secure file operations

narosis

24 Mar, 2022 05:21 PM

Secure file operations (file tasks that require password) open a console window instead of the password entry popup/card an example of a console window errantly opening is shown in the attached screenshot.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dragan on 14 Apr, 2022 01:07 PM

Hello narosis,

I sincerely apologise for delay in handling this issue, it came to my attention only recently and I understand how annoying it was for you. I'm really sorry about that…

Anyway, even though that code haven't changed for quite awhile, it seems that moving to the latest Xcode has broken loading of some frameworks into our privileged helper tools, the one that actually does authenticated file operations (as required by macOS). I've fixed this issue and I've just uploaded fixed version to our server.

The new (fixed) build version is 2130 and you can download it here, or you can update your current copy using in-app updater, available from the main menu **Path Finder > Check for Updates…" menu item. Please update to this version and see if it fixes your problems with authenticated file operations. If not please let me know.

Anyway, there's another thing with your problem. You even won't be asked for authentication, because you apparently have your file operations setting to automatically respond on errors by stopping the operation (the other option is to skip problematic file). Please see attached picture. Uncheck Automatically respond on errors setting, and files won't be skipped anymore, you'll be asked to authenticate.

Once again, apologies it took this long to fix it. Thanks for your understanding, support and patience.

Best,
    -- Dragan

2. Dragan closed this discussion on 14 Apr, 2022 01:07 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac