Error:Permission denied. Item skipped.

elviades

23 Mar, 2022 11:33 AM

I am constantly getting this error.

Path finder is not able to ask for Authentication in places that Finder asks for Authentications.

I have tried xattr /Applications/"Path Finder.app", and xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/"Path Finder.app" with no avail.

Here is an example log. I am trying to copy Highlights app to the Applications folder.

Path finder failed to do so.

2022-03-23 14:32:27.019 Path Finder[1057] <Notice>: ===== Opening log session: copying sources
    (
    /Volumes/Backup/_Archived Items/Applications/Highlights.app
    )
    to destinations
    (
    /Applications/Highlights.app
    )
2022-03-23 14:32:27.020 Path Finder[1057] <Error>: Path: /Applications  Error:Permission denied.  Item skipped.
2022-03-23 14:32:27.060 Path Finder[1057] <Notice>: ===== Closing log session.
  1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dragan on 14 Apr, 2022 01:05 PM

Hello elviades,

I sincerely apologise for delay in handling this issue, it came to my attention only recently and I understand how annoying it was for you. I'm really sorry about that…

Anyway, even though that code haven't changed for quite awhile, it seems that moving to the latest Xcode has broken loading of some frameworks into our privileged helper tools, the one that actually does authenticated file operations (as required by macOS). I've fixed this issue and I've just uploaded fixed version to our server.

The new (fixed) build version is 2130 and you can download it here, or you can update your current copy using in-app updater, available from the main menu **Path Finder > Check for Updates…" menu item. Please update to this version and see if it fixes your problems with authenticated file operations. If not please let me know.

Anyway, there's another thing with your problem. You even won't be asked for authentication, because you apparently have your file operations setting to automatically respond on errors by skipping the file (the other option is to stop). Please see attached picture. Uncheck Automatically respond on errors setting, and files won't be skipped anymore, you'll be asked to authenticate.

Once again, apologies it took this long to fix it. Thanks for your understanding, support and patience.

Best,
    -- Dragan

2. 2 Posted by elviades on 15 Apr, 2022 04:47 AM

That is wonderful reply over all.
    Thank you for fixing this problem. I has been a huge annoyance to use Pathfinder.

3. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 15 Apr, 2022 06:51 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac