crash on macbook pro m1

kpapik

25 Feb, 2022 08:53 AM

I'm trying to use pathfinder on my macbook pro M1 2022. it keeps crashing. AND IT NOT EVEN POSSIBLE TO FORCE QUIT it, i have to restart mac several times per day.

i tried to add screesnhot here but ended up with error "entity too large" and i have to write again. OMG

1. 1 Posted by tradyan on 25 Feb, 2022 09:42 AM

same issue here

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Dragan on 22 Apr, 2022 08:43 AM

Hello all,

I sincerely apologise for such delayed response, I was browsing through old issues and only now this has come to my intention. Sorry about that…

Do you still have problems with crashing with the latest upgrades as well? Do you see any crash report you can send. After crashing, if you relaunch Path Finder, is there any crash report window popping from Path Finder.

If you cannot quit (or force quit it), can you make a process sample of Path Finder, save it as a text file and attach it here? You can do it from the Activity Monitor application, select unresponsive Path Finder in the list of processes, and from the action button menu in the toolbar select Sample Process.

I apologise for the inconvenience and once again, apologies for the delay.

Thanks for your understanding, support and patience.

Best,
    -- Dragan

3. 3 Posted by tmatsoukas on 12 May, 2022 12:42 PM

I am intermittently experiencing the same issue: M1 Mac becomes very unresponsive, and even though the mouse works I cannot force quit any apps, neither can I launch Activity Monitor or any other app. I think it is the Path Finder that causes it but not sure. What suggestions do you have for trying to isolate the issue?

I am on Pathfinder 2132, OS 12.3.1, Apple M1 Max

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 12 May, 2022 12:49 PM

Hi,

Do you see any crash report you can send? 

Could you send us a sample (a snapshot) of Path Finder process in a separate file? This will enable us to analyze what happens with the application.

Here's how to get it:
    1. Open Path Finder and reproduce the problem. If the problem is dynamic (e.g. unexpected action result), please try reproducing it during the sample collection.
    2. Open Activity Monitor from the /Applications/Utilities folder.
    3. Select Path Finder in the process list. To help making a selection, type "Path Finder" in the Filter field.
    4. Click the Sample Process button in the toolbar - this will open a new window entitled "Sample of Path Finder" and a sample of the process is collected.
    5. Click Save and save the sample file.
    6. Close (Command-W) the Sample window opened in step 2.
    7. Send the sample file saved in step 5 to us.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best Regards,
    Uli
    Path Finder Support Team

5. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 12 May, 2022 12:49 PM.

6. tmatsoukas re-opened this discussion on 14 May, 2022 11:58 AM

7. 5 Posted by tmatsoukas on 14 May, 2022 11:58 AM

Hi Uli and thanks for responding.

I am experience this behavior right now on my M1 laptop: The computer is extremely sluggish. Here is what I can and cannot do during this state:

1. I can use cmd+tab to swithch between apps
    2. Once in an app I can open the menu but when I select any item I get the beach ball

After several minutes (I am running this experiment as we speak) the computer seems to respond to earlier actions. A Force Quit on PF was eventually done and the computer became responsive again without having to restart it.

I don't seem to be able to run anything, including Activity Monitor when to run into this sluggish behavior so I am not sure how I can sample PF.

Where can I look for crash reports?

Some additional info: After experiencing this for a while I unistalled/reinstalled PF, but the problem persists.

Themis

8. Support Staff 6 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 16 May, 2022 12:46 PM

Hi,

Could you send us a sample (a snapshot) of Path Finder process in a separate file? This will enable us to analyze what happens with the application.

Here's how to get it:
    1. Open Path Finder and reproduce the problem. If the problem is dynamic (e.g. unexpected action result), please try reproducing it during the sample collection.
    2. Open Activity Monitor from the /Applications/Utilities folder.
    3. Select Path Finder in the process list. To help making a selection, type "Path Finder" in the Filter field.
    4. Click the Sample Process button in the toolbar - this will open a new window entitled "Sample of Path Finder" and a sample of the process is collected.
    5. Click Save and save the sample file.
    6. Close (Command-W) the Sample window opened in step 2.
    7. Send the sample file saved in step 5 to us.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best Regards,
    Uli
    Path Finder Support Team

9. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 16 May, 2022 12:46 PM.

10. tmatsoukas re-opened this discussion on 17 May, 2022 06:35 PM

11. 7 Posted by tmatsoukas on 17 May, 2022 06:35 PM

Hi, I will have to wait until the issue resurfaces. Thanks.

12. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 17 May, 2022 06:55 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac