Directories being chosen too quickly on drag/drop

Korky Kathman

23 Feb, 2022 02:56 PM

I have had previous versions of PathFinder (now on 2121) and have used Forklift, a close, functional equivalent. With this latest release of PF 2121, I am noticing something that is VERY annoying.

I tend to operate in a three horizontal pane format. Two file panes and one terminal pane at the bottom. Many times I find it necessary to highlight files in one file pane and drag/drop them to folders that are in the top pane. Sometimes those folders are parents to other folders. Constantly, since 2121, when I drag a file or files from one pane to a folder, the folder automatically opens before I can release the drop action, causing the files to go into the WRONG subfolder. In the past, there was some delay, say a count of 2 or 3 before the subfolder/contents are revealed, but that delay has gone away now. It's nearly immediate and I HATE IT! I am constantly now having to undo the transfer with CMD-Z (if possible) and do it all over again!

If there is a setting for this, would you please reveal that so I can set the delay to a bit longer? If not, you need to fix this IMMEDIATELY. This is a bad bug and could EASILY cause accidently deletion of files!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dragan on 20 Apr, 2022 10:42 AM

Hi Korky,

I sincerely apologise for such delayed response, I was browsing through old issues and only now this has come to my intention. Sorry about that…

Can you please make a shot video and post a link to it here, showing this issue? I ask that, because I'm not able to reproduce it. So, the video would greatly help me to understand what the problem is. Thanks you so much.

Once again, apologies for the delay.

Thanks for your understanding, support and patience.

Best,
    -- Dragan

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac