PF 2021 fails to delete files even after authentication

vcaston

19 Feb, 2022 10:25 PM

Hi — just renewed my license and went to delete files from an app folder, which it failed to do, even after authenticating. Same thing after rebooting.

When I go into the standard finder, it deletes without problem.

Victor Caston

1. 1 Posted by shop on 20 Feb, 2022 03:46 PM

I have the same issue also with authenticated moves - it asks for authentication and even reports success but nothing happens. This never happened before the latest release. 2021

I have to do "reveal in Finder" to do these operations now, which defeats the object of using Path Finder in the first place.

2. 2 Posted by ryoichi on 20 Feb, 2022 07:29 PM

Count me in. I have the same issue.

3. 3 Posted by ryoichi on 02 Mar, 2022 09:08 PM

It's been almost two weeks since this problem was originally posted. I just installed the latest version 2123, but the problem still exists. When will this be fixed?

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Dragan on 14 Apr, 2022 01:45 PM

Hello everyone,

I sincerely apologise for delay in handling this issue, it came to my attention only recently and I understand how annoying it was for you. I'm really sorry about that…

Anyway, even though that code haven't changed for quite awhile, it seems that moving to the latest Xcode has broken loading of some frameworks into our privileged helper tools, the one that actually does authenticated file operations (as required by macOS). I've fixed this issue and I've just uploaded fixed version to our server.

The new (fixed) build version is 2130 and you can download it here, or you can update your current copy using in-app updater, available from the main menu **Path Finder > Check for Updates…" menu item. Please update to this version and see if it fixes your problems with authenticated file operations. If not please let me know.

Once again, apologies it took this long to fix it. Thanks for your understanding, support and patience.

Best,
    -- Dragan

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac