new license modell

Thomas

17 Feb, 2022 09:57 AM

I find it hypocritical to use a credit card billing system or easier version management as a reason to switch from a one-time purchase option (as before) to a subscription model. To also reduce the number of installations from 3 to 2 increases my suspicion of money-making.
So Pathfinder is done for me in the future. I regret to say this, because I was satisfied until now - but for me it is a no-go!
Regards

1. 1 Posted by Henry Rahmig on 17 Feb, 2022 11:18 AM

I don't think that's okay, I understand the need though maybe! Does it mean that I can not use the program after that? Then I will unfortunately say goodbye to you...

2. 2 Posted by Henry Rahmig on 17 Feb, 2022 11:18 AM

I don't think that's okay, I understand the need though maybe! Does it mean that I can not use the program after that? Then I will unfortunately say goodbye to you...

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dragan on 16 Apr, 2022 12:02 PM

Hello Thomas and Henry,

I sincerely apologise for such delayed response, I was browsing through old issues and only now this has come to my intention. Sorry about that…

You've probably figured it out by now, but I'll say in anyway… For the new versions of Path Finder (as of version 2121, released mid-February), we introduced licensing based on subscription. You can find all details in the Registration window, clicking on Buy Path Finder.

We're really sorry we had to introduce those changes, but that was necessary to continue with sustainable business, as times for the small independent software companies are constantly getting tougher.

You can use your existing PF10 license with newer versions of Path Finder until it's one year old. Only then you'll need to purchase the subscription, but only if you want to use latest versions. However, with your PF10 license you can continue using version 10 indefinitely.

If you want to continue Path Finder 10 but you don't have it anymore, you can download it on our support page, just scroll down and you'll see it.

If you decided to leave, we're sorry you feel that way. If you ever decide to come back, you'll be welcomed with open arms.

Thanks for your understanding, support and patience.

Best,
    -- Dragan

4. Dragan closed this discussion on 16 Apr, 2022 12:02 PM.

5. Henry Rahmig re-opened this discussion on 16 Apr, 2022 12:14 PM

6. 4 Posted by Henry Rahmig on 16 Apr, 2022 12:14 PM

Hello Dragan,

I can understand your decision and respect it.
    At first, I was a bit annoyed.
    But I will remain loyal to you....
    I wish you many more successful days and years.

Vielen Dank im Voraus, Thanks in advance,

Henry Rahmig
    Gunzelinstr. 7
    31224 Peine

Mobil: +49 152 34012864
    E-Mail: [email blocked]

> Am 16.04.2022 um 14:02 schrieb Dragan <[email blocked]>:
    >
    > From: Dragan (Cocoatech Support)
    > Subject: new license modell
    >
    > Hello Thomas and Henry,
    >
    > I sincerely apologise for such delayed response, I was browsing through old issues and only now this has come to my intention. Sorry about that…
    >
    > You've probably figured it out by now, but I'll say in anyway… For the new versions of Path Finder (as of version **2121**, released mid-February), we introduced licensing based on subscription. You can find all details in the **Registration** window, clicking on **Buy Path Finder**.
    >
    > We're really sorry we had to introduce those changes, but that was necessary to continue with sustainable business, as times for the small independent software companies are constantly getting tougher.
    >
    > You can use your existing PF10 license with newer versions of Path Finder until it's one year old. Only then you'll need to purchase the subscription, but only if you want to use latest versions. However, with your PF10 license you can continue using version 10 indefinitely.
    >
    > If you want to continue Path Finder 10 but you don't have it anymore, you can download it on our [**support**](https://www.cocoatech.io/support) page, just scroll down and you'll see it.
    >
    > If you decided to leave, we're sorry you feel that way. If you ever decide to come back, you'll be welcomed with open arms.
    >
    > Thanks for your understanding, support and patience.
    >
    > Best,
    > -- Dragan
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > View this discussion at our support site online: https://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/203637-new-license-modell
    >
    > ---
    >
    > Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.
    >
    > If you'd like to unsubscribe and stop receiving these emails click here: https://u7455.ct.sendgrid.net/wf/unsubscribe?upn=6renj0KXwl4HM4bIm9QeQfy4oSFaH3YufLmywos3-2BanPM-2FjCKtl40fJJeR1H6-2FQJiQ2ZMAVRM0YD1cTCmrc2tnFR7Yfoq2J1FYi3TVzonSuf8GhwSi4fhnvx-2FZyeqrVZFN-2FN-2FojWSoCUefo1PkrXKg9vSWTKjIoDWWIS5A6ezTODJwJ83lin7R-2FUexJZmLn0FafhCPpnu-2BBKnayK3SG5EpWq-2FXvFilqqt8-2FMMwA-2FB0I-3D.

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by Dragan on 16 Apr, 2022 12:32 PM

Hi Henry,

I agree we haven't handled the transition very well :-( HUGE thanks for your nice words and your loyalty. We'll strive to make Path Finder even better and more useful.

Thanks for your understanding, support and patience with us.

Cheers,
    -- Dragan

8. Dragan closed this discussion on 16 Apr, 2022 12:32 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac