default sorting order

info

16 Jan, 2022 07:30 PM

I really wonder how can I set the default order for everything (name - ascending). All the time it shows name-descending and every time I have to click to change the order.

1. 1 Posted by info on 19 Jan, 2022 07:24 PM

So nobody knows how to set a default sorting order.

2. 2 Posted by danas.uh on 21 Jan, 2022 03:03 PM

I have this problem that my PF always defaults to Date instead of Name... I think it's a bug. But in your case it seems different? did you try setting it in the View>Sort By menu?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 22 Jan, 2022 01:19 PM

Hi there,

Mary from Path Finder support here!

To set a default view setting for every windows open your View Options (Command+J) > toggle the button at the top to apply changes to All Windows and then, set your sorting values.

Should you have anything else you’d like to address, please feel free to write us back, and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

4. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 22 Jan, 2022 01:19 PM.

5. danas.uh re-opened this discussion on 24 Jan, 2022 10:39 AM

6. 4 Posted by danas.uh on 24 Jan, 2022 10:39 AM

Thanks! Seems this has solved the problem! However it is a little confusing since this setting seems to be doubled in the View>Sort By> - do I understand correctly that the setting in the View Options overrides this?

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 24 Jan, 2022 01:19 PM

Hi,

It is the same setting, however, it applies changes to current directory only and not to All windows as within instructions I have sent you.

Should you have anything else you’d like to address, please feel free to write us back, and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

8. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 24 Jan, 2022 01:19 PM.

9. info re-opened this discussion on 02 May, 2022 06:11 PM

10. 6 Posted by info on 02 May, 2022 06:11 PM

Hello,

there was some message that update is available, so I did it and now I see you want to pay for it (I don’t need any paid update - especially when you turned to “subscription” which is totally unacceptable). Even more weird is that I entered my email : [email blocked] and it was written that such an account does not exist (total mess it seems)

PFM-600431bf6dd6f I bought this last year and it is enough for me. Please send me download link to this version that I can get it back

Regards

Ivo Sedlacek

> On 24. 1. 2022, at 14:19, Path Finder Support Team <[email blocked]> wrote:
    >
    > From: Path Finder Support Team (Cocoatech Support)
    > Subject: default sorting order
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > It is the same setting, however, it applies changes to current directory only and not to All windows as within instructions I have sent you.
    >
    > Should you have anything else you’d like to address, please feel free to write us back, and we will be happy to assist you.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Mary
    > Path Finder Support Team
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > View this discussion at our support site online: https://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/200738-default-sorting-order
    >
    > ---
    >
    > To unsubscribe and stop receiving emails from https://support.cocoatech.com, visit https://support.cocoatech.com/unsubscribe/ba42d3d3e3e220863e5877ee776e4a28ca184956

11. Support Staff 7 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 02 May, 2022 06:35 PM

Hi Ivo,

Uli from Path Finder support here!

As you have purchased PF10 license over than a year ago, the app won’t be able to use this license with the latest major version.

However, you can remain using Path Finder 10 with your PF10 license forever by re-installing the corresponding version here: https://get.cocoatech.com/PF10.dmg

Best Regards,
    Uli
    Path Finder Support Team

12. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 02 May, 2022 06:35 PM.

13. info re-opened this discussion on 02 May, 2022 06:37 PM

14. 8 Posted by info on 02 May, 2022 06:37 PM

So you cancelled the option just to buy the new version and now your want only subscription?

15. Support Staff 9 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 02 May, 2022 06:50 PM

Hi Ivo,

For the new versions of Path Finder (released mid-February), we introduced licensing based on subscription only. You can find all details in the Registration window, clicking on Buy Path Finder.

However, with your PF10 license, you can continue using version 10 indefinitely. 

Best Regards,
    Uli 
    Path Finder Support Team

16. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 02 May, 2022 06:50 PM.

17. info re-opened this discussion on 02 May, 2022 06:53 PM

18. 10 Posted by info on 02 May, 2022 06:53 PM

That's not good. Subscription is a kind of stealing. I stop using anything that asks for it (and I am not alone). It is quite unfair. Fair is to buy something and to have it and not to be forced to keep paying for it forever.

19. Support Staff 11 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 02 May, 2022 07:33 PM

Hi Ivo,

Uli from Path Finder support here!

We're really sorry we had to introduce those changes, but that was necessary to continue with sustainable business, as times for the small independent software companies are constantly getting tougher.

Anyway, you can choose the best subscription plan for yourself, as we have yearly, 6 months, monthly plans.

Alternatively, with your PF10 license you can continue using version 10 indefinitely. 

Best Regards,
    Uli 
    Path Finder Support Team

20. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 02 May, 2022 07:33 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac