Reveal In Finder bug

brian

28 Nov, 2021 08:09 PM

The bug where the Reveal in Finder command uselessly opens another Path Finder window was reported more than 2 years ago. Why is it still not fixed?
https://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/146724-reveal-in...

I like PathFinder but all the little bugs that never get fixed are so annoying I'm ready to give up and start giving my money to someone else. It crashes more than any other program I've ever used and that is no exaggeration. It crashes more than anything in my more than 30 years of running Macintosh software.

1. 1 Posted by brian on 14 Dec, 2021 11:19 PM

How long am I supposed to wait for a response? Please define “some time” as it has now been 3 weeks since I’ve written and I have yet to receive any reply.
    --
    Brian Lawson

2. 2 Posted by sbpedit on 30 Dec, 2021 07:37 AM

I have this problem too with the Pathfinder window popping open instead of Finder. This happens also with HoudahSpot search app.

As for Pathfinder response time, I've also posted an issue about something else but never received a reply.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 30 Dec, 2021 03:30 PM

Hi @Brian,

Mary from Path Finder support here!

I am sorry for such a delayed response. It seems your email was flagged and thus, ended in our Spam folder. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Could you please specify in more details what seems not to work for you in terms of Reveal option? We had the following issue prior indeed, however, our developer was able to fix it in the next releases. I have tested the option myself right now (PF10.2 \ macOS 12.0.1) and can confirm it is working.

If you experience any issues with it, please elaborate on what kind of issues you are experiencing and we'll look into this further.

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

4. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 30 Dec, 2021 03:30 PM.

5. sbpedit re-opened this discussion on 13 Jan, 2022 10:56 PM

6. 4 Posted by sbpedit on 13 Jan, 2022 10:56 PM

This issue has NOT been fixed.

I"m using PF 10.2 and OS 12.1 and Reveal in Finder still reveals in Path Finder.

7. 5 Posted by ryan_pathfinder on 14 Jan, 2022 04:28 PM

I've also experienced this issue for years. I've never reported it though. It is aggravating when I do not want Path Finder open. I've "dealt" with this issue by never using the Reveal In Finder operation . Would love to see a solution though! Reveal In Finder is a handy thing. Thank you!

8. 6 Posted by ryan_pathfinder on 16 Jan, 2022 07:15 PM

Update - for unrelated issues to this thread, I completely reinstalled Monterey after reformatting the boot partition on my mac, and am rebuilding my system without migrating anything from my old system.

I installed path finder first, and this reveal in finder problem is not apparent. It all works correctly. I'm not suggesting the solution is reinstalling the O/S, but thought it was worth noting that it's not an issue under these circumstances. I'll definitely make an update if it reemerges.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac