Preference wording is VERY misleading

ExTexan

23 Nov, 2021 04:30 AM

I came here to report an issue with a particular setting in Preferences, specifically the one called "Double-click when clicking icon". I thought it was working just opposite from what it states.

Before posting this issue, I found one that dealt with that subject already (I only created a new issue because that one was closed)... https://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/12657-double-cli...

It seems other users are just as confused by the wording as I am. When I read "Double-click when clicking icon" I understood it to mean I wanted to use a double-click to open files/folders instead of a single-click.

Since it seems using double-click to open is the default, and checking that option changes it to single-click, it would be more clear to have it say: "Use single-click to open files/folders"

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 26 Nov, 2021 08:19 PM

Hi Doug,

Mary from Path Finder support here!

I appreciate your feedback! I am passing your comments to our developer, so he can consider updating the wording further down the road.

Should you have anything else you’d like to address, please feel free to write us back, and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 26 Nov, 2021 08:19 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac