PF10 Window Focus

a14th

02 Nov, 2021 02:36 PM

PF10 has developed an annoying habit with losing window focus.

When I Command-Tab away from PF10 to another application, then come back to PF, the PF window no longer has focus. Only some of the keys work: Command-N and Command-T (new window, new tab), for example. But Command-W (close tab/window) does not work. Neither does Command-1/2/3.

Instead, PF has what looks like a null window: parts of the screen that normally look active are greyed out -- the entire left pane, for example, and the tool bar.

I can get it back with Command-` which is the Mac keystroke to switch windows in an app, which leads me to think there is a null empty window PF10 has open but is not active.

I use PF10 for its ease of programming key strokes and the ability to rapidly switch between apps, but this extra step has caused some frustration. I am certain any of the previous incarnations of PF didn't do this. Can someone look into this? Might it be something in my preferences?

PF10 ver 10.2 build 2098 w/ MacOS 11.6.1 Big Sur.

Thanks much, and signed, a long time fan of PF.

1. 1 Posted by a14th on 02 Nov, 2021 02:38 PM

ETA - re: screen shot. This was as of coming right back to PF via command-tab. Note the entire left panel and the tool bar is greyed out.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 15 Nov, 2021 04:22 PM

Hi Jeff,

Mary from Path Finder support here!

I appreciate reporting this to us. Could you please specify if the left panel becomes active once you click on any of app's interface? 

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

3. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 15 Nov, 2021 04:22 PM.

4. a14th re-opened this discussion on 15 Nov, 2021 10:40 PM

5. 3 Posted by a14th on 15 Nov, 2021 10:40 PM

Hi Mary thanks for the response. Yes a click anywhere in the PF window brings it back to the front.

It’s kind of odd how it happens but it’s definitely losing focus, as if there is another invisible or empty window on the screen, because I can Command-` through it. (Command-back-quote)

6. 4 Posted by a14th on 05 Jan, 2022 08:11 PM

Hi, any progress on this? The unexpected loss of keyboard focus is really annoying.

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 06 Jan, 2022 07:58 PM

Hi Jeff,

I am sorry for such a delayed response. 

Could you send us a sample (a snapshot) of Path Finder process in a separate file? This will enable us to analyze what happens with the application.

Here's how to get it:
    1. Open Path Finder and reproduce the problem. If the problem is dynamic (e.g. unexpected action result), please try reproducing it during the sample collection.
    2. Open Activity Monitor from the /Applications/Utilities folder.
    3. Select Path Finder in the process list. To help making a selection, type "Path Finder" in the Filter field.
    4. Click the Sample Process button in the toolbar - this will open a new window entitled "Sample of Path Finder" and a sample of the process is collected.
    5. Click Save and save the sample file.
    6. Close (Command-W) the Sample window opened in step 2.
    7. Send the sample file saved in step 5 to us.

Also, I would appreciate a screen recording of this issue, so we could address this further.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best Regards,
    Mary
    Path Finder Support Team

8. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 06 Jan, 2022 07:58 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac