Sidebar preferences don't stick.

Walter

10 Sep, 2021 09:21 PM

I see this has been a problem though fixed. It's not. At least every time (if not more often) Pathfinder is updated, all my sidebar preference changes disappear. The font goes back to the default 13. Color icons go back to B&W. And the folders I've added to the sidebar as favorites disappear and go back to the basic set.

I've tried making the changes and saving them. Switching to the saved preferences restores the font size and color icons, but does not restore the saved favorites folders which I must keep rebuilding for shortcut access.

Can we get this fixed? Having to rebuild on every update is annoying.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 11 Sep, 2021 10:33 AM

Hi Walter,

Mary from Path Finder support here!

May I ask you to follow the instruction and check if the issue still persists:

1. Delete Path Finder and its traces via AppCleaner
    2. Download the latest version of the app from our site
    3. Launch Path Finder and move it to the Apps folder as the app suggests

Please note that the uninstallation disregards all preferences you have set on your end.

This re-installation via AppCleaner will help you remove all preferences files that might have glitched and thus, resulted in such behavior. After this, re-build your Sidebar preferences, save them and check if the issue persists.

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 11 Sep, 2021 10:33 AM.

3. Walter Grant re-opened this discussion on 05 Oct, 2021 07:52 PM

4. 2 Posted by Walter Grant on 05 Oct, 2021 07:52 PM

Still happening. Opened PathfFinder again after reboot. Reverted to B&W icons, all favorites are gone. Restoring sidebar preferences, which had been saved after I configured the favorites, only restored typeface and color icons.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dragan on 12 Apr, 2022 09:42 AM

Hi Walter,

I sincerely apologise for such delayed response, I was browsing through old issues and only now this has come to my intention. Sorry about that…

We have a few other reports that custom settings of sidebar and other modules, including their settings and arrangement within the window, randomly resets sometimes to default values, especially when opening new browser windows. So far we couldn't reproduce it, but I'm looking hard into what could be causing this random resets custom settings resets. As soon as I figure it our and fix it, the fix will be available in a regular update.

Thanks for your understanding, support and patience.

Best,
    -- Dragan

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac