First things first, make sure to double check the configurations you have under Preferences (Command + ,) > Features > Dropbox and try to re-link it. Relaunch the app and try to test everything once again.
If the issue still persists, send us a sample (a snapshot) of Path Finder process in a separate file. This will enable us to analyze what happens with the application.
Here's how to get it:
1. Open Path Finder and reproduce the problem. If the problem is dynamic (e.g. unexpected action result), please try reproducing it during the sample collection.
2. Open Activity Monitor from the /Applications/Utilities folder.
3. Select Path Finder in the process list. To help making a selection, type "Path Finder" in the Filter field.
4. Click the Sample Process button in the toolbar - this will open a new window entitled "Sample of Path Finder" and a sample of the process is collected.
5. Click Save and save the sample file.
6. Close (Command-W) the Sample window opened in step 2.
7. Send the sample file saved in step 5 to us.
Any update to this issue? I am having the same problem on a new Macbook with Monterey installed. I just setup Dropbox to back up my desktop, downloads, and documents folder. It worked for the first day, but stopped when I restarted the computer. I unlinked and relinked Dropbox to no avail