Column View — No Folder-Specific View Options, Only Global

Rob Fleming

30 May, 2021 07:25 PM

As a Default Folder X user, I received an email to download and try Path Finder.

I'm ready to buy, but I'm frustrated that I can't do one thing in Path Finder that I can do in macOS Finder — apply different "Arrange by..." and "Sort by..." parameters to individual folders when in "Column View." In Path Finder, I can only change "Arrange by..." and "Sort by..." parameters to folders when I'm in "Icon View" or "List View." When I switch to "Column View" the option to toggle "All windows" to "This window only" grays out, and any "Show View Options/⌘J" changes become universal for all folders.

I don't know if this is typical Path Finder behavior, or a quirk in my setup.

I found this forum article from 2012, but don't know if it is still relevant: https://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/9397-single-fold...

My system:
MacBook Pro 2017
3.1 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
macOS 10.15.7 (Catalina)

1. 1 Posted by Rob Fleming on 03 Jun, 2021 09:06 PM

Can anyone answer this for me?

Can I modify the Sort and Arrange parameters on a folder-by-folder basis while in column view?

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 08 Jun, 2021 08:35 AM.

3. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 08 Jun, 2021 08:37 AM

4. Support Staff 2 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 08 Jun, 2021 08:37 AM

Hi Rob,

Mary from Path Finder support here!

I am sorry for the delayed response.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to modify and set sorting changes to particular folder when in Column View. This is how the app was designed, however, I understand the inconvenience it brings, thus, I'll pass a note to our developer, so he can consider changing the logic behind this further down the road.

Should you have anything else you’d like to address, please feel free to write us back, and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

5. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 08 Jun, 2021 08:37 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac