Path Finder failed to open folder when called by other application

judd

25 May, 2021 02:06 AM

1) When Path Finder is 'Set as the default file browser'
Click ActionShortcuts' icon in the menu bar, and click "Open Scripts Folder", Path Finder shows up as it was before without opening any new tab.

2) When Path Finder is not 'Set as the default file browser'
Click ActionShortcuts' icon in the menu bar, and click "Open Scripts Folder", Finder opens '/Users/judd/Library/Application Scripts/com.pointum.actions' just fine.

I tried to navigate to '/Users/judd/Library/Application Scripts/com.pointum.actions' in Path Finder manually, no problem about that.

3) At the time of writing this bug report tho, I tried enable 'Set as the default file browser' again in Path Finder, and retried "Open Scripts Folder" from ActionShortcuts' menu to make sure the behavior of Path Finder I recalled above is accurate. But it actually somehow solved the problem, Path Finder now opens that folder without failure.

So I guess this still worth reporting, that for some reason Path Finder may fail to open folders when called by other application, although turning 'Set as the default file browser' off and on may resolve the issue.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 19 Jun, 2021 02:40 PM

Hi there,

Mary from Path Finder support here!

May I ask you to follow the instruction and check if the issue still persists: 

1. Delete Path Finder and its traces via AppCleaner
    2. Download the latest version of the app from our site
    3. Launch Path Finder and move it to the Apps folder as the app suggests

Please note that the uninstallation disregards all preferences you have set on your end. If you’d like to save them, make sure to navigate to the following path and copy both preference file and folder to the safe location.

~/Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/Path Finder/Settings (folder) ~/Users/your_username/Library/Preferences/com.cocoatech.PathFinder.plist (list) 

Once you re-install your app, replace the new files in the same location, with a previously saved files.

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 19 Jun, 2021 02:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac