suggestion for data safety

c21

04 May, 2021 02:05 AM

hello,

I notice that when a file is selected in list view, and you forget about it, and then you scroll up so that file gets out of sitte, and then you rightclick a different file to delete that file, then the previously selected file wlil also be deleted.

This is unexpected behavior. Right-clicking a file should always deselect any other file. Multiple selection should only be possible with a modifier key or by deliberately selecting them by holding the trackpad button and then moving. Could you please change this potentially dangerous behavior?

It would also be helpful if the dialog would say:

do you want to delete FILENAME?
and for several files/objects: do you want to delete these files / these folders / these files and folders? (or better still, enumerate, but just making a difference between multiple and single objects would be a first step.

thank you!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 04 May, 2021 12:11 PM

Hi there,

Mary from Path Finder support here!

In order for me to best assist you since I can't reproduce this issue on my end, I would like to ask you to make a screen recording of the reported behavior and send it to us.
      You can check on how to record a video recording here. After doing so, please upload it to Google Drive, Dropbox or any other storage provider and send a link to me.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best regards,

Mary
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 04 May, 2021 12:11 PM.

3. c21 re-opened this discussion on 04 May, 2021 05:14 PM

4. 2 Posted by c21 on 04 May, 2021 05:14 PM

Hello, what I described was wrong. It only deletes one file. I apologize for not having checked that more thoroughly.

Since the list moves somewhat erratically sometimes, it gives the illusion of two files having been deleted.

Irrespective of that I still think a dialogue that would differentiate between "Do you want to delete this FILE?" // "these FILES" would be helpful, or better yet mentioning the file name. I experience the way WIndows Directory Opus handles file deletion as positive.

Regarding the erratic list movement, I will go into that later.

Thank you!

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 06 May, 2021 01:51 PM

Hi there,

I appreciate the update! I'll pass your note about the delete option and feedback regarding it to our developer, so he can consider implementing updates on this matter.

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 06 May, 2021 01:51 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac