First of all, thanks for reporting this to us, and I am sorry for the inconvenience you experience.
May I ask you to follow the instruction and check if the issue still persists:
Delete Path Finder and its traces via AppCleaner
Download the latest version of the app from our site
Launch Path Finder and move it to the Apps folder as the app suggests
Please note that the uninstallation disregards all preferences you have set on your end. If you’d like to save them, make sure to navigate to the following path and copy both preference file and folder to the safe location.
No. That did not solve the problem. This is very frustrating. If I close every browser window, then open a new one, I get a plain window, no panels, no modules. Anytime I open a new window, whether from the default or a saved, it simply mimics the currently active window. A very poor experience.
I want to ask you to do something to help me debug this issue, as I can't reproduce it:
1. Quit Path Finder and go to folder HOME_FOLDER/Library/Application Support/Path Finder/Settings. There, you'll see three files: settings9, settings9-shm and settings9-wal. Zip those three files in an archive and keep it somewhere.
2. Trash those three files. Then launch Path Finder and see whether it solved the problem. Please note this action will discard all your modules custom settings.
3. Quit Path Finder. The new versions of above mentioned setting files were created. Trash them too and extract archived files back. Launch Path Finder again and see if the problem still persist.
4. Regardless of whether the problem persists or not, remove almost all items from Favorites in your sidebar. Leave there only a few standard ones, let's say Home, Desktop and Documents. Then again relaunch Path Finder and see if the problem persist.
5. If the problem is still there, archive again now this new version (with the majority of sidebar items removed) of all three settings files in another archive and attach it here, so we can download it and investigate.
This should help us to trace the cause of the problem. You don't have to worry about privacy, those files don't contain any sensitive information, just your module settings (colors, font types and sized and similar).
I have a MacBook Pro that I did a clean install of Big Sur on today. The first thing I did was install PathFinder to see if this problem would be resolved. It was not. No browsers are saved, not even the default browser seems to be saved - no side bar. Every new browser window simple mimics the currently open window. It does seem that, when no windows are open, it will remember the state of the last window that was open and mimic that window when opening a new one. No matter which saved window I open. Used to be, that if none are open, then it is a plain window, no sidebar, no shelves, no modules. But, even that is not consistent, it seems.