Size Browser not working

noel

26 Apr, 2021 02:23 AM

This discussion is a follow-on from Jay Madren's problem. I have the exact same issue using V10.0.4. The size browser window comes up small and doesn't show the full details of all the folders with sizes with them. I tried removing PathFinder completely and reinstalled. It didn't help.
BTW, I once made a suggestion to add quickview (or something similar) to Size Browser but it never eventuated. It would be very helpful.

If we can at least sort out the former that would be great. Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 30 Apr, 2021 10:36 AM

Hi Noel,

I appreciate reporting this to us and sharing your experience. I am sorry for the inconvenience you experience.

We have already reported this to our developer and the issue is currently under investigation.

Could you send us a sample (a snapshot) of Path Finder process in a separate file? This will enable us to analyze what happens with the application on your end.

Here's how to get it:
    1. Open Path Finder and reproduce the problem. If the problem is dynamic (e.g. unexpected action result), please try reproducing it during the sample collection.
    2. Open Activity Monitor from the /Applications/Utilities folder.
    3. Select Path Finder in the process list. To help making a selection, type "Path Finder" in the Filter field.
    4. Click the Sample Process button in the toolbar - this will open a new window entitled "Sample of Path Finder" and a sample of the process is collected.
    5. Click Save and save the sample file.
    6. Close (Command-W) the Sample window opened in step 2.
    7. Send the sample file saved in step 5 to us.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best Regards,
    Mary
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 30 Apr, 2021 10:36 AM.

3. noel re-opened this discussion on 30 Apr, 2021 01:12 PM

4. 2 Posted by noel on 30 Apr, 2021 01:12 PM

Hi Mary,

Here is the Sample as requested. I've also attached another screenshot of
    another issue I'm having. Sometimes I get black horizontal bars in place
    of the column headings. Maybe you have a fix for that too?

Thanks,
    Noel

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 01 May, 2021 11:02 AM

Hi Noel, 

Thank you for the sample! 

I have forwarded your email to our developers. It may take some time to investigate the details of the issue. 

As for the black bar, it is quite a known-issue we have already to our developer. The current fix would be to navigate to your Preferences (Command + ,) > Appearance > change the background color to white using the Color window that appears when you click on the “Background color” item (even if it already looks white).

Be sure to let us know should any additional questions arise. 

Best Regards, 
    Mary
    Path Finder Support Team

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 01 May, 2021 11:02 AM.

7. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 01 May, 2021 11:02 AM

8. 4 Posted by Andreas on 14 May, 2021 10:23 AM

i have the same problems like dave and noel

9. 5 Posted by Michael on 20 May, 2021 08:57 PM

Same here. Size browser turns nuts since v10 and shows no details but 4,7 TB as capacity for my system drive – which is a 512 GB SSD.
    (MacBook Pro, 2015, i7, macOS Mojave 10.14.6)

10. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 22 May, 2021 09:19 AM.

11. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 22 May, 2021 09:21 AM

12. Support Staff 6 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 22 May, 2021 09:21 AM

Hi everyone,

I appreciate reporting this to us.

This case is already reported and escalated for further investigation to our developer. Once there are any news on this, he will update you on this matter via this discussion and email thread.

Should you have anything else you’d like to address, please feel free to write us back, and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Mary 
    Path Finder Support Team

13. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 22 May, 2021 09:21 AM.

14. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 22 May, 2021 12:52 PM

15. 7 Posted by andrew on 05 Oct, 2021 08:14 PM

I too have this issue. The size browser was an incredibly useful feature which I really need. I'm on Mac OS 10.14.6 using PF 10.2 (2098) though it seems as if this is a problem across the board.

16. 8 Posted by Fletcher Moore on 17 Feb, 2022 02:30 PM

Is this ever going to get fixed? I'm also using 10.2 (2098) on macOS 10.14.16. Size browser does not work.

17. 9 Posted by Andreas Graf on 17 Feb, 2022 04:35 PM

same here, problem / bug is not fixed :-(
    i need this feature!

18. Support Staff 10 Posted by Dragan on 17 Feb, 2022 10:04 PM

What happens if you simply try to resize/enlarge size browser widow by simply dragging its bottom edge? Is that possible for you?

19. 11 Posted by noel on 18 Feb, 2022 12:27 AM

You can't resize vertically. Only horizontally. It only shows one line like in the original image above. This should have been well and truly fixed by now! >:(

20. 12 Posted by andreas on 23 Feb, 2022 09:21 PM

after the new update, everything works fine now here, thanks!! (pathfinder V 2021)

21. Support Staff 13 Posted by Dragan on 21 Apr, 2022 10:05 AM

Hi all,

Additionally, size browser was completely redesigned in version 2128, not it has ring chart representing file size. And it will be improved further.

Thanks for your understanding, support and patience.

Best,
    -- Dragan

22. Dragan closed this discussion on 21 Apr, 2022 10:05 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac