cannot delete 'downloads' folder after migration to dropbox

Rick L

07 Apr, 2021 02:58 PM

I recently migrated my home directory folders to Dropbox. Previously, I had a Pathfinder Farvorite shortcut for my local Downloads folder. Since moving to Dropbox, Pathfinder has problems with that original Favorite and I receive an error (screenshot attached) when I even highlight the folder name. I tried to remove the symbolic link that Dropbox created in my home directory but I get an error, even when root.

rm -rf ~/Downloads

rm: Downloads: Operation not permitted

To try to correct the problem, I removed the Dropbox sync on Downloads so I could remove the folder from Pathfinder Favorites first, then remove it. I removed the Dropbox Download sync and the folder has been restored locally. However, Pathfinder now appears to reference an outdated folder name that it cannot remove. I do not see any folder named anything close to the name under the /home directories.

Is there a local configuration file that I can edit to remove that Favorites entry?

-rick

1. 1 Posted by Rick L on 07 Apr, 2021 03:07 PM

Path Finder version: Version 10.0.3 (2089)
    Mac: Intel-based 16", 2019 running Big Sur (11.2.3)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• 2021-04-07_10-39-03.png 38.6 KB
  • 2021-04-07_10-43-19.png 17.8 KB
  • 2021-04-07_10-52-41.png 29 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac